Stop the Hooper/Inspection Depot Assault on NACHI Members

Originally Posted By: jburkeson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

jbushart wrote:
It's like this, harris. There are many different vendors who supply quality materials and services to home inspectors. Inspection Depot is only one of several.

Prudent NACHI members will purchase from those vendors who (1) do not support legislation that will put them out of business, (2) do not support high profile people who use their positions to express such garbage about them as Hooper does, and (3) who support NACHI members and their ideals.

Will most likely have to find their HI education vendor somewhere outside of Florida, as the (2) State Certified Schools here are both very pro ASHI & FABI (ID & ITA), hey there is always that correspondence school where you honed your HI skills, just pick up a matchbook. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: jbushart

ITA has done a great job at staying neutral and is a fine supporter of NACHI. To my knowledge, none of their contractors endorse ridding Florida of NACHI or have called out Executive Director “scum”.

I believe that ITA is a fine and sensible alternative to ID and is just as accessible to Florida inspectors.

Think before you support any vendor with your dollars. How far do they go to support YOU?

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

ITA has done a great job at staying neutral and is a fine supporter of NACHI. To my knowledge, none of their contractors endorse ridding Florida of NACHI or have called our Executive Director “scum”.

I believe that ITA is a fine and sensible alternative to ID and is just as accessible to Florida inspectors.

Think before you support any vendor with your dollars. How far do they go to support YOU?

--

www.monachi.org

rbennett wrote:
Many NACHI member (self) want good state reg. but what Hooper and friends have put on the table is bad (see other threads)

You give Jeff Hooper far too much credit, the HI licensing law that will be passed this year (mark my word) will come straight down from the DBPR, be walked through both houses and arrive on the Governor's desk for signature with any of the rigmarole of the past. Neither you or Jeff will have any influence this time, the decisions are no longer available to the public. You like everyone else will have to wait for the outcome.

--

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

jbushart wrote:
ITA has done a great job at staying neutral and is a fine supporter of NACHI. To my knowledge, none of their contractors endorse ridding Florida of NACHI or have called out Executive Director "scum".

As a past student (105 hrs) I have maintained close relationships with at least three instructors, believe me (and you can ask anyone who has attended the Tampa ITA school) ASHI is spoken at ITA, there is little tolerance for NACHI in general, and your shenanigans in particular.

--

~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote:
If I had it my way you would have to be State Licesned as an Architect, Engineer, Building Inspector or Contractor to be a HI. Fortunatly for the inspectors in Florida I do not get to make the rules.

If you agree with this concept, support the company that features the contractor that has this agenda. If not, seek a pro-NACHI alternative. It makes sense.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Quote:
ITA has done a great job at staying neutral and is a fine supporter of NACHI. To my knowledge, none of their contractors endorse ridding Florida of NACHI or have called out Executive Director "scum".

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, ITA through is directors and senior instructors did everything in there power last year to de-rail our national convention. ![icon_twisted.gif](upload://xjO326gspdTNE5QS3UTl0a0Rtvy.gif)

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

gbeaumont wrote:
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Another instance of far too much credit being given. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Don't blame Jim for not knowing about ITA, I'm not sure he was a NACHI member at the time.

This is the piss-poor decision making that is derived from weak inexperienced, green leadership.

--

~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

I prefer “Low Life” over “Scum”. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

NACHI supports both ID and ITA and their ideals towards the improvement and education of the profession. Both are to be commended for their efforts towards this end.

This BS banter must stop.

Originally Posted By: jeffghooper

Jeff G. Hooper

(hooperette want a be) nachiBFD

None of these past or present ASHI presidents at ITA have published an agenda similar to yours, Jeff, that endorses putting Florida home inspectors out of business in order to increase market share for building inspectors, such as yourself.

If they did, they would invite and receive the same response.

BTW, I suppose that since the meeting between your contracted employer, Mike Rowan of Inspection Depot, and the NACHI leaders in Colorado is over - you are allowed to speak. Welcome back.

--

www.monachi.org

jeffghooper wrote:
Ignorance is Bliss!

This is certainly a subject that you are qualified to speak upon. Thanks for the insight. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

jbowman wrote:
NACHI supports both ID and ITA and their ideals towards the improvement and education of the profession. Both are to be commended for their efforts towards this end.

Bravo,

It is commendable to see a cooler, wiser head prevail, many Florida NACHI members have attended both ITA and ID and this influx of certified education has only helped to strengthen NACHI. Anyone who has followed Mr. Bushart's posts & rants know all too well his penchant for condemning other peoples licenses, education, experience and credentials. I am hopeful that this is the beginning of a trend and a change for the better, NACHI has never been less respected as it is now.

--

~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

ITA and ID offer fine products and services. Both are worthy of John and NACHI’s endorsement.

Hooper is the liability and the burden. He has your endorsement, Burkeson, and that speaks for itself.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: jeffghooper

Quote:

Quote:
ITA and ID offer fine products and services. Both are worthy of John and NACHI's endorsement.

??? ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif) ???

--
Jeff G. Hooper
(hooperette want a be) nachiBFD

jeffghooper wrote:
I do not speak for Inspection Depot. I do not own Inspection Depot.

I am encouraged that you are no longer bringing Mr. Rowan and Inspection Depot into the cesspool that you are preaching from. I hope that you will continue to refrain from further soiling the public reputation of this vendor.

I accept that you are not speaking for him - not that I would put any value into your word - but because Mr. Rowan is too good of a businessman to allow that kind of liability.

As for the organization that you do speak for, as their soon to be ex-president, your members are already disavowing themselves from you and we are encouraged by that, as well. You are no longer (if you ever were) relevant.

This will be my last post acknowledging you in any way, whatsoever. You are no longer worth the time or the effort. Instead, we will focus on what is positive about NACHI, the home inspection business in Florida, and the fine opportunites that we have to enhance and increase our services to consumers.

Have a great NACHI day.

--

www.monachi.org

Jim,

Jeff Hooper and I have had our differences too and do not always agree on the details, but we have discovered that when it comes to important big-picture realities like experience, education and licensing, we are very much in agreement. Furthermore, I am proud to say that he is my friend, and that is something you and I will never share.

As far as liability and burden go, you are the NACHI poster-child.

--

~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

jbushart wrote:
jeffghooper wrote:
I do not speak for Inspection Depot. I do not own Inspection Depot.

I am encouraged that you are no longer bringing Mr. Rowan and Inspection Depot into the cesspool that you are preaching from. I hope that you will continue to refrain from further soiling the public reputation of this vendor.

I accept that you are not speaking for him - not that I would put any value into your word - but because Mr. Rowan is too good of a businessman to allow that kind of liability.

As for the organization that you do speak for, as their soon to be ex-president, your members are already disavowing themselves from you and we are encouraged by that, as well. You are no longer (if you ever were) relevant.

This will be my last post acknowledging you in any way, whatsoever. You are no longer worth the time or the effort. Instead, we will focus on what is positive about NACHI, the home inspection business in Florida, and the fine opportunites that we have to enhance and increase our services to consumers.

Have a great NACHI day.

OCTOBERSPECT 2005 ? GONE WITH THE WIND! ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--

~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Recent private conversations have convinced me that the opinions expressed by Hooper regarding NACHI and its membership do not represent those of Inspection Depot or its employees.

I am also told that the level of support for his positions has rapidly evaporated at several levels.

It is encouraging to know that the products and services of Inspection Depot can be enjoyed by members without concern. The Central Missouri Chapter will begin enjoying them, as well.

--

www.monachi.org