Stucco clearance at roof clarification

and the dang roofers only run their step flashing up the wall 2 inches at best!!!

as I recall someone tried too draw attention to alot of the problems and was not well received by the trades and the HBA about had heart failure! along with the codes officials.

Can’t change the past and they do not really seem interested in changing the future.

As far as some are concerned!!

Maybe he went at it the wrong way?

faster is more better so they think…if You lay it on the roof You don’t have to pay a guy that can keep a straight line…

who gets laid on the roof

i have laid on a lot of them

And also not the one that will have to remove and replace the shingles stuck under the friggin siding.
Can’t fix stupid.

Never happened. :mrgreen:

imo

there should be a 1x4 on the wall step flashing to the top of it and flashing back over the top 3 inches over the 1x4 and 4 inches up the wall. no claddings in contact with the shingles and easy repair or reroof when needed.

toooooo easy of a fix.

yes but that would take common sense…

Post #21 … Oh yes, when Nancy Seats and HADD were still active here.

Remember the 6 month long task force well AND the KC Star expose, etc, etc.

Thats all old hat AND now we’re back to the old ways.

I keep being called by buyers for EIFS inspections on 6,000sf houses, BUT told their REA has got them a local inspector (so far its always been a few local ASHI inspectors) that tell buyers or agents they DO NOT have to put holes in stucco BUT that the inspector can run their moisture meters around the inside drywall and tell if there is any problems with the stucco OR EIFS, etc AND the sellers and REA’s seem to like that a lot more.

I’ve been loosing EIFS jobs right and left to guys charging $295 for 6,000sf houses.

$orry to hear that Dan