Student Discussion for "Structural Issues for Home Inspectors Course"

Hello All, let me hit the ground running with a question.
re: Floating bottom plate walls.
I live in the northeast and we don’t have expansive soils here so this construction method is not prevalent here and I’ve never seen it.
When building a floating wall, it looks like the 60d nails are holding up the wall. What keeps the wall from gradually sliding down the nails until it is on top of the bottom plate.

1 Like

Good evening all,

Just starting this course to prep for exam. Hoping to be first female on Denver’s list of certified home inspectors. Having a great time and learning so much.

Kelli

1 Like

Hello all. Stephen here, from snowy Canada. Loving these courses as I attempt to transfer my flood and mold restoration and construction skills into a Home and Air Quality Inspector career.

1 Like

Time to start looking at the structural issue class!

1 Like

Hey everyone, happy to be starting my Home Inspector education!

1 Like

Hi, @chepburn. Here’s an article with floating plates inside it: Inspecting for Foundation Damage from Expansive Soils - InterNACHI®

Great to hear, @dbixler.

Yes! @dbixler

@jpersinger3, great to hear. Be sure to check out free online live webinars for inspectors at Webinars - InterNACHI®.

Hi, Just starting the course.

Good evening! Just getting my courses started.

Im looking forward to completing my requirements for my InterNACHI certification

1 Like

Great to hear, @mmelancon. If you ever need anything about your education or certification, feel free to reach out to your Education Team at education@internachi.org. Marketing? www.nachi.org/marketing. Business? Home Inspection Business and Marketing Course - InterNACHI®. :+1:

Good Afternoon looking forward to starting this course