Student Discussions for "How To Perform Deck Inspections Course"

deck inspector

This thread is dedicated to the students currently enrolled in InterNACHI’s free, online “How To Perform Deck Inspections Course.”

Student can ask questions and join the discussion right here.

To become an InterNACHI Certified Deck Inspector, visit www.nachi.org/certified-deck-inspector.

1 Like

My 4th course this weekend. Not usually the way I work, but these have been good so far.

2 Likes

Good for you, Ralph. Great course and instructor as well.
Decks I have found, through the years inspecting, will have the most building and safety defects. Many die and are injured yearly.
You will be writing up decks often so pay attention to the course material.
Any questions, reach out to Ben and good luck.

1 Like

This has been one of my favorite courses so far. There have been plenty of mini videos that give a visual demonstration of what is being discussed. One question I have though, relates to the last video where Ben is inspecting a deck. What app is being used to take measurements using only the camera on his phone? That looks really useful!

Hi, @sgraybeal. It’s the “measure” app on my iPhone. Use the Measure app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Ah. Ok. Small problem. I have a Samsung phone. lol

Ha. :grin: @sgraybeal, I think it’s the same app. Visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.ruler&hl=en_US&gl=US&pli=1

Hello Will be stating this class now. I’m looking forward to learning

95% of the decks I inspected have issues so take good notes and make a check list to make sure you check everything until you’re comfortable inspecting decks.