Studying the NHIE

Awesome! Yeah I just downloaded it from the play store. The questions on the flash cards, Are the equivalent to whats on the test?

It’s been 3 years since I took the test, but I would say yes there was/is equivalent questions on the test in my opinion. I would say to skip any questions your not sure on and come back to them… Other questions in the test can actually help answer ones you aren’t sure on… I choose to keep track of how many questions I was 100% on… I believe the test is 200 questions. In MD you have to take a training class before you can take the test. On they day I took the NHIE there were 8 of us from the class that took the NHIE exam… me and one other guy (a licensed contractor) passed… Good luck!

1 Like

If it’s a setting, make sure you have the app’s spaced repetition mode turned on. That’s where the magic is. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaced_repetition)

My impression from the lawsuit is to the extent the NACHI flashcards don’t cover everything you might see on the NHIE, it’s because the NHIE incorporates questions beyond a reasonable scope for certifying an inspector, extending to non-technical aspects of running an inspection business.

1 Like

Awesome! Yeah here in Ohio I’m required to take the test, until they approve what online and in person schools will be accepted for their requirements. I did email the state back on January 5th and they said they are currently going through who will be eligible and who’s not and should know by the end of the month. After I pass my nhie exam, then I’ll need 80 hrs of classroom hours. Which I’m trying to see what online classes in Internachi to take and 10 field mock inspections.

Have you heard anything yet from the state of Ohio if and when they will approve Internachi as one of their approved online schooling?

Have you heard anything yet from the state of Ohio if and when they will approve Internachi as one of their approved online schooling?

Ohio’s licensing board has not approved anyone’s courses yet. However, InterNACHI’s courses “SHALL” be approved by legislation. InterNACHI is the only org that has such pre-approval by law, written right into the home inspection legislation.

2 Likes

Hopefully by the end of the month…:crossed_fingers:

Good to know! Thanks!!

I just emailed the state yesterday and they said they got the application and are reviewing it. Great news

1 Like

That’s fantastic!! What state are you in? I’m in Ohio

1 Like

I’m in Ohio. New student. Soon to be Internatchi member. Long time Professional Home Remodeler (12+ years) and Host at Lowe’s Home Improvement YouTube channel.

1 Like

So when you say they received your application, did you complete your National exam? Also do you have the amount of credit hours required by the state?

James Crowton

No, sorry. I mean Ohio received Internatchi’s application to make them an approved school in Ohio for licensing. I should have been more precise in my words.

1 Like

That’s cool! Thank you for the good news!! I can’t wait to get my license when they officially reopen!