stupid question

And ignore all those experienced Home Inspectors who see how well it Works .
Listen to Brian he is a know it all expert,If you have any doubts just read his posts he tells us this constantly ,
He is perfect and all of the rest are not

Ignore your own members that criticize it then…that says a lot!!! Because it works as a sales gimmick does not mean that customers are getting what they think they are. Its all about the $$$ then and not about the quality, is it, Roy?

The Government of BC chose not to accept CMI or CHI or CPI designations that folks here claim to have…why is that?

"why is that?"

Because those who drove the licensing issue managed to convince the govenment and ‘stake holders’ that there was a huge problem with inspector competence without any proof of the veracity of their claims.

The were never forced to answer, with verifiable statistics, the BIG THREE;

HOW MANY INSPECTORS ARE PRACTICING IN CANADA?
HOW MANY OF THESE INSPECTORS GENERATE CLIENT COMPLAINTS?
HOW MANY OF THESE COMPLAINTS WERE MINOR / MAJOR?

Brian, can you answer these important questions? It seems no one else can.

BORING!!! The record is skipping…skipping…skipping…skipping…

The process of regulating HI’s has begun and you’re not going to halt it!

George…as you should know, the designations are not rigorous and defendable…pretty simple…isn’t it?

Government licensing is what is “not rigorous” … it’s almost meaningless. Being licensed is like being up to code. It’s such a minimum standard that anything less would be illegal. The public assumes you are inspecting legally. Whipteedoo.

Now Certified Master Inspector… that is on the other end of the spectrum. It’s the inspection industry’s highest professional designation… with a title to match.

Brian even if there is a 95% flow through of newbies I do not see your point there.

The constant flow through of newbies helps pay for all the cool educational and marketing ,yes marketing!, stuff.

Why do you make great marketing and $$$ for education sound like a bad thing?

You are usually kinda cool but “hey” you have a good tendency to poo poo the very reason guys like myself and many others prefer to hang here rather than ASHI.

I am a guy that survives on client referrals and websites.(60%-70%) guessing
The other option is feed off Agent referrals (nothing wrong with that).
Actually a combination of all three is needed for success as I have learned.

So if you are a guy that gets most business connections from Agents where do you hang? :slight_smile:

OK second question is if you are a newbie,or focused on marketing where do you want to hang? :slight_smile:

Everyone starts out a newbie and even many among us guys in the 10% often need more than what ASHI has to offer so in your perfect world what should happen?

1. NACHI should just worship ASHI and become a carbon copy?
  2. NACHI should just fade away and leave one association to control your little world?
  3. Now that you think about the above alternatives"Thank Nick for NACHI" ?
    :slight_smile:

Listen up guys because I speak the truth.

Talking about “Know it alls”
Before you try to teach these people ask yourself
“How can I teach anything to someone that already knows everything?”

As for CMI’s I will say it again for thiose that have not seen my prevoius posts.
I recommend that all Alberta Hi’s that meet the criterea APPLY FOR YOUR CMI. You will benifit. I can not say any more at this time except that you may need it in the future.

Thanks Vern
Char and I have both been CMIs for many years and now Skip is with Roy’s and he too is a CMI .
I feel it has been far superior to RHI with OAHI CHI with PACHI .

I see no advantage for the NCA and the huge cost seems to have no returns .

WOW you got Brain figured out well thanks … Roy

Why are the prices being advertised/charged so low then???

BTW, On the GTA website, did you ever change the misleading picture (a large expensive house) with a suggested price of $200 for inspection with a picture of what you would actually inspect for the $200? More S&M!!!

The Price to take the NCA exam has changed so many times over the years they started at $100;00 and went way up and then came down to try and get others to invest . I wonder what the price will be next year .
12/30/2009 9:11:55 PM New National Certification Fees in 2010 - Ontario](http://www.oahi.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=289) 2010 New Fees

There will be several fee changes, effective March 1, 2010.

New application for background review
Member with equivalency: $600.00 (OAHI or PHPIO member)
Member without equivalency: $1200.00 (Anyone else)
Applicable tax extra

Renewal fees
Member with equivalency: $125.00 (OAHI or PHPIO member)
Member without equivalency: $250.00 (Anyone else)
Applicable tax extra

And it still is no where near the CMI

internachi-honor-guarantee.png

**"BORING!!! The record is skipping…skipping…skipping…s kipping…

The process of regulating HI’s has begun and you’re not going to halt it!"**

Aside from you attempt to deflect, it is obvious that you do not have the answer to the “big 3” either. But, not surprisingly you support a system that plays to your feelings of superiority and elitism.
HOW MANY INSPECTORS ARE PRACTICING IN CANADA?
HOW MANY OF THESE INSPECTORS GENERATE CLIENT COMPLAINTS?
HOW MANY OF THESE COMPLAINTS WERE MINOR / MAJOR?

I am surprised to see that Marcel Gratton and Brian MacNeish find Royshomeinspection so interesting .
They have commented on it about 15 times this month .
Thanks guys you help me to stay on page one of google all the time .
You two are also great in keeping people thinking and looking at ACHI soon to be the largest Association in Canada .
You are just another self appointed pair who want to be policeman when you grow up.

What is mind boggling is why you charge such low prices being a CMI…

Below copied from: http://www.homeinspectionseastgta.com/index-5.html

• PrePurchase/Sale Inspections - Complete Inspections - As low as $ 200.
  • Tarion Inspections - Complete Inspections - As low as $ 150.
  • Remodelling Home Inspection - Price $ 100.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcooke http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/viewpost.gif
I am surprised to see that Marcel Gratton and Brian MacNeish find Royshomeinspection so interesting .
They have commented on it about 15 times this month .
Thanks guys you help me to stay on page one of google all the time .
You two are also great in keeping people thinking and looking at ACHI soon to be the largest Association in Canada .
You are just another self appointed pair who want to be policeman when you grow up.

Sixteen Times

Isn’t there an old song that mentions that?

"Sixteen times and what do you get?
Another day older and Roy’s worrying…you bet " (well, paranoid, at least)

For those Canadian “INACHI only” HI’s, when regulation comes to your area, heed this message!!! It’s from the website of a current INACHI HI:

About Me

Gone Fishing

Unfortunately, I am not licensed to perform home inspections in BC and will not. When I am, I will advertise. Thank you for looking me up though

WOW! about 400 CMIs in the world and about 400 NCAs in Canada ,
And you talk about competition .
I see the NCA is so great ??? ,There seems to be a lot who are a NCA and RHI have also become CMIs ,
I have to think they found out how usless the NCA/RHI is and decided they too are smarter then others and have become CMIs .
I do not see any of them saying they made a mistake by becomming a CMI .
Looks to me like the only NCA holder who complains is Brian the one who tries to show he is Mr ( see below )

WOW! about 400 CMIs in the world and about 400 NCAs in Canada ,
And you talk about competition .
I see the NCA is so great ??? ,There seems to be a lot who are a NCA and RHI have also become CMIs ,
I have to think they found out how usless the NCA/RHI is and decided they too are smarter then others and have become CMIs .
I do not see any of them saying they made a mistake by becomming a CMI .
Looks to me like the only NCA holder who complains is Brian the one who tries to show he is Mr ( see below )

!cid_A7AC2D17AD3C4B0287EB568D01908B2B@home614484dbbb.jpg

Am I glad for BC inspectors ( Not )
When I see how well a BC inspects I see no way do I need this .

http://www.theco.ca/page130.htm
This reporting example is from 2002, it’s for an average home of 2,500 square feet. My reporting and skills are constantly improved. I don’t provide current report samples because the industry hasn’t come even close to where I was at in 2002. There are many feble electronicly generated immitations but they lack meaningful content.

Please note:

• **The inspection process took 7 hrs., report took 8 hrs. and the review took 1.5hrs **
  • Client attended entire inspection and gained insight and education in maintenance and repair requirements.
  • This information is supported and documented in the report.
  • The report contains custom drawings for desired repair details.
  • The report contains a trouble-shooting guide and seasonal maintenance schedule.
  • The report contains specific item cost estimations (as well as general costings not shown).

16.5 hours and add driving time not for me Glad to be in Ontario .