Stupid things realtors say

After finding possible microbial growth. I recommended getting it tested to determine what kind it is and that will determine the type of clean up needed. The realtor responded, “why we don’t have black mold in Michigan, so there is no reason to test it!”

:man_facepalming:

Tell them to put it in writing instead of arguing with you :wink:

2 Likes

I overheard a realtor say, “The radon level is high? Just leave the window open. You’ll be fine.”

Another great one was once when I was discussing a tripping hazard at a door threshold the agent was rolling her eyes and generally complaining. So long so that she forget where it was and turned around and stumbled on it… LOL. That was an all-time favorite.

6 Likes

…and they know this how? Maybe they are an out of work microbiologist? I’m sure if they are confident in that they will give it the lick test.

2 Likes

This could be a topic of a whole thread. Probably should have it in the members only section though, lol.

3 Likes

Zero doubt that there is a post on a realtor forum somewhere with the topic, “Stupid things inspectors say”.

5 Likes

I had an agent go to the bathroom during the inspection and complain that the toilet flush wasn’t working (I had already checked it). So I watched her ‘bat’ the flush handle with her finger tip. I said, “You do have to push the handle down to lift the flapper valve.”

3 Likes

You would be surprised. They dog each other all the time. Just like it’s done here with inspectors that post crazy stuff.

4 Likes

one of mine was - after me telling the client the furnace is not working, Realtor to client ’ that’s ok, mine doesn’t work either, you won’t use it much here in the AZ winters…

2 Likes

Had a realtor tell me they didn’t need a radon test. Can’t smell or see anything.

4 Likes