Subterranean termites

Hi. My name is Ginger Winfrey. I am a licensed home inspector and have just completed InterNACHI’s Wood Destroying Organisms course. Other than the exam itself, presenting a photo of one of the inspections we’ve been on and a short essay is one of the requirements for passing this WDO course. :slight_smile: A long-time friend of mine, Steve Shepard, who is a licensed and insured pest management professional here in sunny SoFlo, has often allowed me the great privilege of tagging along on his WDO inspections and exterminating projects. Over the years, I have gained a lot of knowledge about subterranean termites, drywood termites, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, and wood rot. I have also learned of some of the most common areas in South Florida (especially Broward county) where these pests are generally found or not found. In this picture you immediately notice a subterranean mud tube following along the underside of this wooden piece of exterior wall cladding. The damage these subterranean termites had done was extensive. The whole interior wood flooring, including the floor joists, at the room connected to this window had to be ripped out! It truly is important for home owners to visually examine their home’s exterior from time to time.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11836814_931244020270169_5954969136715025433_n.jpg?oh=b8d12224a8befb56d7ac5b094647eff6&oe=56C892E8

%between%