Success! My WP Home Inspection Site Is Mobile Friendly

To check if your home inspector website is mobile friendly visit:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/

I tried to use a Word Press (WP) plug in called WP Mobile for free. The pages I created were ugly and broken.

I then installed the JetPack plug in. It comes with an extension to make your website mobile friendly. JetPack didn’t offer much customization.

I finally realized that these plugins were conflicting with my Cache plugin. If you have a cache plug in, it needs to be configured to not serve cached pages to mobile devices. Nothing worse than seeing mobile pages on a desktop and vice versa.

In the end, I wasn’t happy with either of these choices.

I paid around $60.00 for WPTouch, a premium, paid plug in.

It worked fantastically. My mobile friendly site was set up, configured, customized and working in an evening.

Like any website, it will always be a work in progress.

I no longer fear the new Google Algorithm update that was supposed to start penalizing sites that are not mobile optimized.

St. Catharines, Ontario, in the Niagara Region, is actually a pretty small place, when it comes to the number of competing home inspection websites.

This change may actually help keep my home inspection site ranked at the top.

If you would like to test out my site, on any of your devices, critical feedback is always welcome.

Thanks folks, may your mobile friendly transition go smoothly.

http://mapletrustinspections.com

Looks good Craig. Were you already on WP or did you convert from something else?

Craig,

Visual wise it’s nice. Professional.

Attention span wise… the mobile version is to long. Use icons get straight to the point.

PS… Loose the dress clothes and where is your logo? We are in business to get dirty.

Nice site, but I agree the home page looks more like a Real Estate Agent page than a home inspector site.

Thanks gentleman.

Chuck: I was already on WP. It’s a great tool. I’m pretty far from mastering it in the 4 years I’ve been using it. It’s been quite reliable.

Billy: I haven’t yet customized the site for a mobile experience. It’s on the list of to dos.

Ian and Billy: You are right. It’s amazing how often I’m actually covered in spiderwebs.

Cheers,

Craig