Summer-winter hook up

Originally Posted By: jmichalski
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I have come across about a dozen of these in recent weeks (oil burning furnaces that serve as both heating source and hot water supply) and I was curious to see if anyone out there has a standard write up in their repetiore regarding maintenance or function that would help a buyer understand this type of system.

Anyone?

Originally Posted By: Jay Moge

it’s pretty simple to explain but if they don’t understand it’s o.k. they don’t understand how the engine in a DC-9 works either, but they know who to call if it doesn’t. just point out the filter (if any) and to have it inspected regularly by their fuel provider. your inspection usually goes deeper than most home owners understand anyway, otherwise everyone would do this.

Originally Posted By: bsmith

[/quote]

Bill Smith

www.SmithHomeInspection.com

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” A. Einstien

Originally Posted By: jmichalski

Bill, Thanks! That was exactly the kind of comment I would like to add to my report whener I see these if it is ok with you to “borrow” it.

I like to give people an idea of what they have, what it does and how to use it. Especially with oil burners where there isn't much they can see or look for to let them know...

I appreciate the help!

Originally Posted By: bsmith

Use it in good health.

Bill Smith

www.SmithHomeInspection.com

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” A. Einstien