Supra and clients

Just got Supra access. House will be vacant for inspection. Client wants to come inside with me, but no realtor present. Thoughts? Feels like I’m liable if something happens to them inside.

This is a typical situation and happens all the time with me. You can ask the realtor if it’s okay in your area.

3 Likes

This is the norm. Just make sure you are the last one to leave, after making sure that all the lights and tested appliances are off, and everything is locked up.

2 Likes

That is a hard no for me during the inspection. You are both a guest in somebody else’s home. I have no problem having clients meet me after the inspection to walk through the house with them. All of this would need to be cleared with the homeowner and their agent. I am not a home tour business but I have no problem going over defects that were discovered during my inspection. This is what real estate agents are for, they can give a tour of the house anytime they want. This is your time.

1 Like

Normal here in my area, I do it all the time. But that does not mean I don’t fully understand the liability which should not be understated.

3 Likes

The fact it is Supra access or not doesn’t really matter. If you have been granted access to the home by any means, and are the person in charge (no realtor present), then I feel like you can allow the client into the home for review purposes at your discretion. But it is also on you to make sure the home and its contents are secured and protected in a reasonable manner.

2 Likes

What you really need to ask the Agent is if the Purchase Agreement allows for the Buyer to be present in the home during the inspection. Believe it or not, some PA’s DO NOT allow the Buyer access without their Agent present, only the Inspector as stated in the PA.

2 Likes