Originally Posted By: apfaff
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
I see the surface mounted do-it-yourself add an outlet wiring all the time. I don’t say anything about using it a cord protector for a lamp, but when used as permanent wiring I write it up as a concern. I look for the obvious, like it is sometimes wired with lamp cord and plugged etc. But I often tell them to remove it and have it permanently wired. Is there any other wordings or suggestions to support this? I feel it is usually not installed safely in the first place and prone to damage and failure, not to mention what workmanship or wiring hazards might be hidden.