Suspicious E-mail Message

I received this highly suspicious e-mail, supposedly from NACHI today. However, there is at least one spelling error and a request for additional contact info along with the following statements: “Please Reply if you would like to continue to receive NACHI home inspection event announcements” and “You will not receive any further announcements if you do not respond.” There is also a request to provide complete contact information. This sounds like phishing to me. After all, why would NACHI no longer send announcements to registered members? And why would they need additional contact information. Like I said - highly suspicious. Anyone else getting e-mails like this?

Rick Burkman

Subject: PLEASE REPLY if you would like to continue to receive NACHI home inspection event announcements. You will not receive any further updates if you do not respond to this e-mail.

Dear Home Inspector,
If you would like to continue to receive invitations for NACHI Home Inspection Events and important announcements from NACHI, please respond to this e-mail.
You will not receive any further announcements in you do not respond.
Please include your complete contact information along with your e-mail address.
Send your response, and any questions or comments, to: event-announce@nachi.org
The National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) is the world’s largest, most elite non-profit inspection association. Our home buying clients enjoy the *[FONT=Tahoma]HI Experience® *only NACHI Certified Inspectors canprovide. Our inspectors have all successfully passed NACHI’s Inspector Examination, taken a Standards of Practice Quiz, completed a Code of Ethics Course, adhere to Standards of Practice, abide by a Code of Ethics, attend required continuing education courses, and are NACHI Certified. NACHI…the very best home inspectors.[/FONT]

We hope that you will take advantage of the excellent training opportunities and extensive membership benefits offerred by NACHI.

**If you are interested in becoming a member of NACHI or would like to learn more about our association please visit our 175,000+ page website at: **
www.nachi.org.

Thank You!
NACHI - National Association of Certified Home Inspectors
The National Association of Certified Home Inspectors is a non-profit organization helping home inspectors achieve financial success and maintain inspection excellence.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2442

You will not receive any further announcements [size=5]in you do not respond.[/size]

**FFFFFFFFF…:smiley: **

NACHI staff is tying to clean up the database. This e-mail is being sent out to members and non-members.
Sorry for the confusion.

What are the errors?

Obviously, many of us are somewhat suspicious of the mail…

Please include your complete contact information along with your e-mail address.

But it came by EMAIL, didn’t it???

Sorry 'bout that–

Seems I was typing whilst your were posting, Deanna–my bad.

So I guess I’ll respond to the Email…

No worries Jae

:frowning: I didn’t get an email…

You have to have done 4 paid inspections Tony.:stuck_out_tongue:

We have two databases. One for members and one for non-members. Some times the members are in both and that is why you received this “suspicious e-mail”.

I was thinking the same thing about the email with the misspelling…

It should be addressed with our names in the address. It should also have some sort of official something in the message.

NACHI LOGO?
Something stating what department of NACHI is sending this message?

I will reply th this message only because I see that it has been explained here on the BB.

Ok…whew…then I will get the email on Wednesday next week…:wink:

Alright already I will fix the e-mail. What is misspelled? I will put a NACHI logo on there and I will sign the bottom with my title. K?

I just want the email Deanna…poor spelling or not…I feel left out. :frowning:

Check your e-mail Tony

Whew!

I think you have to learn the secret handshake first in order to get one!:smiley:

What are you talking about? If you are a member we have all your info and you will keep receiving NACHI e-mails.

Someone dosen’t know the handshake.:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Brian and Dan
fill me in on this secret handshake