Has anyone seen this type of switch before, it’s not a rocker switch you just push in and it turns the light on.

Yeah from what i understand they were big in the '70’s. Push to click on, then push again to click off. They had a higher fail rate than the rocker style, as there’s also a spring inside to become worn, not to mention folks really hit/push them hard and break them. Those look newer i didn’t know they still made them, the ones i’ve seen are a round button looks more like a doorbell.

I forgot to mention they make a very distinctive sound when you turn them on, not a sound that would make you think there’s a problem with the switch.

I think you may be dealing with low voltage controlled lighting.

See page 7


Thanks Mike, good information