Tankless water heater concern

Here is one of Larry’s reviews …

#LAKE’S HOME INSPECTION
“This inspection was a joke. We had three inspections done for our rental company by Larry before we realized that he lacked expertise. He was unwilling to look in tough spots. Ended up missing plumbing problems that will cost over $3,000 (on a little rental) and foundation problems that would cost $10,000 to fix!”

https://www.bbb.org/us/ok/ponca-city/profile/building-inspector/lake-home-inspection-1025-38024704/customer-reviews
Yeah! You are a joke!

Here is another…
#LAKE’S HOME INSPECTION
“Mr. Lake was unable crawl under the house to take pictures. He brought his daughter and she only took pictures from the openings of the crawl spaces. Mr. Lake also forgot to bring his infrared; mold detector, as he called it. He told my husband on the phone it would cost between $400 and $500, and then he charged the $500 without having some of his tasks incomplete. He also mixed up the report that he typed out in comparison to the professional report.”

I’ll quit if you will!…OK?

Mr. Lake, Would you please outline for us the appropriate protocol for detecting mold using infrared thermography?

Inquiring minds want to know.

1 Like

Infrared mold detector? What does that look like? LOL

I think this is an infrared mold detector, or maybe its a flux capacitor??:rofl:

Wow I leave this forum turn my back and this is what I read??? So Roy Lewis you go out and dig and try to find dirt on me how professional of you!!! That inspection I did for a Slum Lord about 3 or more years ago. The home was trash with strange people already living there running around in their pajamas. It was raining and they had Pit Bulls in the backyard.

The crawlspace door was sealed shut on the floor.
Crawlspace was not accessible.

Roof not accessible because of rain, however roof is new but not sure about flat roof in the back.

Could not access backyard because of a lot of mud and dogs that can bite.

Could not access attic, very small opening with things in the way, plus a lady was lying in bed with door wide open or missing. she was only partially dressed and her doorway faced the hallway where we would be trying to access the attic! She was sleeping so all conditions here were wrong. Homeowners were aware we were coming over for inspection and should have made our access to attic, backyard, and crawlspace available.

Also the gas was turned off

Do you get the picture now??

Thank You

Larry Lake

Wow another one??? Yes what is an Infrared Mold Detector?? It was the mans wife that gave a bad report on me and it was a Mold Detector as she called it ha ha ha!!! In reality was going to bring my radon monitor to do a free unofficial spot test and I forgot it. The woman there called it a mold detector which I thought was funny and you guys now keep the rumor going and call it an Infrared mold detector??? WTF guys???

I could post a lot I know about you , but I choose not to do so. …
Case Number: 036##RF 8000020
Jan. 17, 1980
So! Get off my back and I will do the same for you.

Roy another one from you… OK Did you bother to read my rebuttal to the home owners and my explanation? No you just took it out of context to try in vain to find dirt on me? Why are you compelled to do that?? Do you bother to read all of my positive reviews??

For your information you would have to be a midget to get under that home!! Did anyone bother to see what my $500 fee was for???

The travel to and from this home was almost 200 miles. I did a mold inspection which would have included the crawl but was not accessible!! I did find that the condensate drain on the HVAC unit was plugged and flooding the unit!! I also did mold testing and I send the samples off to the lab!!! I have to pay the lab!!! I did not make that much money on this job. My rates are very fair.

Bottom line guys we can disagree on topics here but to go out and dig dirt on a man and make up words I did not say is very very unprofessional!!!

I have a lot on my platter!!! My wife is severely diabetic had to have surgery on her foot, and today I take her to Oklahoma City, OK for cataract surgery. I also have a disabled daughter living with us, and another daughter with two kids that went through a bitter divorce living here with no job. I am 75 years old and doing the best I can for my family.

So I will leave you all with that

God Bless

Larry Lake

I know how old you are, and I’m truly sadden by the problems you are having… Honestly!
Like I said… You get off my back and I’ll do the same.
Lets all start over again…OK?
God Bless and Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

not soo funny now…

Absolutely Roy life is too short!! Thank You

God Bless and Merry Christmas to you also

1 Like

I never thought it was in the first place…
Life is full of obstacles that we must overcome.
Some are large boulders, but most are just stumbling stones.

Might as well share, might as well smile
Life goes on for a little bitty while

Alan Jackson

So if I get a bad home inspector before I buy a house, I can have the house fixed up for free on the inspector’s dime because he or she missed the issue? So if the house has been eaten by termites, and inspector did not notice it, I can the whole house repaired on their dime? I thought it was up to me to hire a competent home inspector and my loss if I hired one who did not do a through job? In NJ, you probably have so many down on luck plumbers who will do this for a discount I think, and you don’t have to provide her with a Mercedes level system, because her Chevy was not up to code.

Are you bound to pay for exactly the plumber who did the free estimate for the woman? He will charge $10,000 for what another plumber will do for $3,000. If you are liable, why can’t you hire a plumber if your choice and redo the minimum to make the system up to code… the fact that she is not getting enough water is her problem. Tankless don’t provide enough output for the whole house unless properly sized. Just the system back to a traditional water tank for $500 and another $500 for a tank. Get the tankless up to code, but not up to her standard of comfort.
Of course she would like a tankless unit that magically gives out a larger amount of hot water than it possibly can, or a circulator pump at your expense.
It seem like a crazy liability game.

He is one of my favorites!

1 Like