Tap Inspect App for iPhone and iPad

Yeah, I don’t post anywhere much. There a lot of smart people out there and my 2 cents is just that.

I’m glad for the compliments and understand the skepticism. One thing is certain, Tap Inspect is not for everyone. As home inspectors we are an independent lot. Get three inspectors in the same house and you get three different reports. Hopefully we all report the same big stuff but after that, who knows.

Some inspectors like to go back to the office and do their reports. It works for them. Some inspectors like the detailed narrative style, some like simple check lists. Whatever works in their market for they way they do business.

Tap Inspect was released less than 60 days ago and more features are coming to the app on the phone as well as on the web site. It was never meant to do everything that every inspector would want. I was designed to generate reports with photos as efficiently as possible. Efficiency = time and time = profit.

Android? Of course. Porting an app from one device to the other is not that big of a deal compared to going from a laptop to a smartphone. The biggest challenge with android is the all the different devices it runs on. Different displays, processing power, tactile or no keyboard, camera, etc. Anyone tried to get a game to run on Windows 3.1? History repeats.

We found that iPhone users are more familiar with how the device works and have had them longer. Not to mention stable constant hardware. And yes people love the iPad. A few inspectors run Tap Inspect on theirs.

Oh, and a sample report Here’s one of mine.

I have been using Tap Inspect for almost a year now. I think it is just great! They keep updating and adding more features regularly. The support is fast and very helpful. My clients love the high quality reports I produce with this product and they rave about the details and photos. I rarely get phone calls or emails to explain things to clients. This reporting software/app really save me a lot of time and duplication compared to the previous way that I did reports/photos. This is a great product.

Ive used them for years, works great. You have to create your own comment library over time, but I find it very friendly.

Me too.

Can’t do business without it.

Worth every penny.

I’m renewing this thread as the thread is 4+ years old. I bumped into a fellow inspector using it about a month ago and he was satisfied that it did what he needed.
Are others using it at this time? If so, how do you feel it’s performing at this time? Likes/dislikes?

In advance, thank you for your input.
Tim Kaiser

Nitty Gritty logo.pdf (142 KB)

Hi Tim, if you don’t mind me asking, do you currently use an iPhone or Android phone and what software are you currently using to perform your home inspection reports?

Thanks!