Tapinspect 6.0+ problems?

Is anyone experiencing technical difficulties with the newest Tapinspect platform? So far, I’ve lost half of my main template; then, after rebuilding, sections started to disappear.

Keith I’m running version 6.0.4 with no issues. Make sure you’re iOS is up-to-date.

1 Like

I haven’t switched over yet. I’m waiting for a few more questions like these to come up and see what other’s say.

1 Like

I’m running it on my iPhone 13 and Mac air with no issues.

I have hundreds of my own personal comments that stayed the same. I have 4 custom templates that all remained the same.

1 Like

I just finished speaking with Tammy at Tapinspect. I had to synchronize both of my devices delete and install the app. Everything is back to normal.
Thanks, Martin. I am running the latest iOS.

Thomas, I haven’t used it on an inspection yet; I just switched over yesterday. I’ll keep you posted if I run into any more issues.

2 Likes

Keith that’s what I did to install version 6. I deleted the apps on my iPhone and my tablet and downloaded the new version from Apple‘s App Store. You’ll enjoy the higher resolution photographs.

Yeah, I’m excited about the photos. I’m still trying to get these templates in better order by taking your advice and making them as linear as possible.

1 Like

Keith make sure you set the template up the way that you inspect, it will become very seamless. The templates are not set up for the InterNACHI SOP. If you follow this SOP I recommend going through the SOP line by line and ensure that every component you are required to inspect makes it into your template. This will keep you out of hot water as you go through the template and everything is checked off with a green arrow you know you have completed your inspection per the SOP.

1 Like

Thanks, Martin
The first thing I did was set my template to the NJ SOP to CMA. I’ve set it up to how I inspect, but it’s really easy and faster for me to snap pictures and get the hell out of there. I have to stick to the plan.

1 Like

I guess a question I have is; Is the quality of the photos imported into the program from outside, better quality? I take most all my pics with the phone and iPad and import them later into the report once I’ve gone through and edited them for exposure, zoom, crop etc.

1 Like

If the photo is added to the inspection report after the inspection it will be the same quality as if it was taken in the app.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing, which is faster on-site for me, but reporting later is still taking too much time, in my opinion. I’d be happy with 80% on-site and 20% at home; I just haven’t got there yet.

2 Likes

I’m still “old school” in that I critique my report over and over before I hit the publish button. I never promise same day reports. “Within 24 hours” is my standard. It may take away from other’s producing faster, but I’ve never had 1 complaint about the timing and quality of my reports.

3 Likes

I used to do it that way. I talked with Michael about that; who of course recommended taking photos directly from the app and putting them in the report. It generally does save me a lot a time.
However, I still do wish the program had better built-in photo editing (i.e., cropping, color correction, etc). It’s a bit of a pain to export a pic from the app, edit it, and import it back into the app.

1 Like