Ted Kenedy

RIP Ted, thank you for your service.

He’s at the Pearly Gate trying to talk his way in. I can here him now…“But I’m a Catholic! But I’m a Catholic!!! I sincerely thought You’d understand the abortion thing! I only wanted to keep it safe, but rare!!!”

Political Giant, Moral Midget.

He was a murderer, adulterer, liar, thief, a drunk…need I say more…good riddens.

Ah yes. Another christian who arrogantly believes they know the mind of God. And can judge the totality of a man’s soul.

I had hoped that folks like you would remember the wisdom about not speaking ill of the dead. But expecting such humanity and restraint from a self-appointed, self-righteous interpreter of the almighty is obviously forlorn.

You don’t even know (or follow) the precepts of your own book. Which counsels that you should not judge your neighbor least you also be judged. I know from sad experience that you folks seldom believe that part applies to you.

Every cult believes they have the answer on what happens beyond the veil. Yours is no different. That you choose to apply your myths as universal truth to attack the dead is hubris of the highest order and disgusting in the extreme.

Don Belmont

I know the “book” says “don’t cast your pearls before swine.” Therefore I will not debate you.

This, from our President:

Jim –

Michelle and I were heartbroken to learn this morning of the death of our dear friend, Senator Ted Kennedy.

For nearly five decades, virtually every major piece of legislation to advance the civil rights, health and economic well-being of the American people bore his name and resulted from his efforts.

His ideas and ideals are stamped on scores of laws and reflected in millions of lives – in seniors who know new dignity; in families that know new opportunity; in children who know education’s promise; and in all who can pursue their dream in an America that is more equal and more just, including me.

In the United States Senate, I can think of no one who engendered greater respect or affection from members of both sides of the aisle. His seriousness of purpose was perpetually matched by humility, warmth and good cheer. He battled passionately on the Senate floor for the causes that he held dear, and yet still maintained warm friendships across party lines. And that’s one reason he became not only one of the greatest senators of our time, but one of the most accomplished Americans ever to serve our democracy.

I personally valued his wise counsel in the Senate, where, regardless of the swirl of events, he always had time for a new colleague. I cherished his confidence and momentous support in my race for the Presidency. And even as he waged a valiant struggle with a mortal illness, I’ve benefited as President from his encouragement and wisdom.

His fight gave us the opportunity we were denied when his brothers John and Robert were taken from us: the blessing of time to say thank you and goodbye. The outpouring of love, gratitude and fond memories to which we’ve all borne witness is a testament to the way this singular figure in American history touched so many lives.

For America, he was a defender of a dream. For his family, he was a guardian. Our hearts and prayers go out to them today – to his wonderful wife, Vicki, his children Ted Jr., Patrick and Kara, his grandchildren and his extended family.

Today, our country mourns. We say goodbye to a friend and a true leader who challenged us all to live out our noblest values. And we give thanks for his memory, which inspires us still.

Sincerely,

President Barack Obama

de mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum est

Or you talking about Ted Kennedy or a Repubician politician?

Growing up in Massachussetts I remeber all of the Kennedy stories and hardships, although I didn’t agree with Ted Kennedy’s politics and at many points over the years actually despised the man, I ended up respecting him for his tenacity and his will to do better. All and all I think his last years where his best.

RIP Senator Kennedy

Guys My grandmother always said if you don’t have any good to say then just shut up
I can believe the hatred i see on here, Here is a man that gave his whole life to the country. Sure he made mistakes I just bet everyone has on here. If you believe in heaven i am sure he be there.

He could very well be Wayne. I certainly hope he is. No one on this side of eternity can know the state of any mans heart but his own. We can observe ones actions though. And for a man who claimed to be a Catholic, his political and social actions certainly point to an individual who was on a different path.

If you want to laud the man and his accomplishments, fine.

But out of respect, could we at least spell his name correctly?.

K-e-n-n-e-d-y

Are you talking about a republican politician or a democrat politician? They are all the same.

He killed a woman in the burning noon of life, deployed the family retainers to cover-up his crime, got a pass from the fawning liberal press and never in forty years expressed one smidgen of remorse about his actions.

Being a US Senator, with all the crummy perks that go with it. Quite a sacrifice indeed.

Jeffrey, I hate to be one, but you need to spend more time in the bible my friend, you have become hard hearted.

There seems to be a lot of that Lately Kenneth. ( both sides of the fence) . I think when people on the other side of the fence have high praise for him that should speak for itself. unfortunately some people have to press on ether to Blow their own horn or try to stir up a debate to show how self important they are. The man has died and did serve the country as the family did whether you agree with their politics or not . They believed in the USA and the system we have here. and gave up their lives for it , Service is Service and should not be belittled by anyone . If there is a belief of a maker then i would think they would walk softly for some day they just may have to answer Themselves. Some statement are just unbelievable on here lately . Maybe it is time for everyone reflect in what really matters , Family , friends, and Be thankful for what we have .

Although I know the answer it irritates me that a man who never served a second in the military will be buried at Arlington!