Originally Posted By: Peter Stoermer
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
My name is Peter Stoermer, and I work for Tequipment.NET. I would like to have the opportunity to clear a few things up in hopes to avoid any further issues about this.
1) Our website CLEARLY lists our phone number in several conspicuous locations, including right below our logo, which is on every page. I also find it mysteriously convenient that you edited the email you posted from Jane without showing our phone number, which is in all of our signature files. Our toll free number is in our LOGO, Fax Local and toll free is on the bottom of every single page, and we have a contact us at the top of every page which lists 4 different email addresses AND all of our numbers and address.
2) I am not sure who you were actually speaking to, but there is not, nor has there been a "Susan" employed here. Unless you are changing names to protect the innocent ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)
3) For the record, TIF, the manufacturer, had been having a VERY tough time for the last 6 months meeting production timelines on different products, all for a variety of reasons. The 8800A was simply one of those products that they have missed deadlines on very often over the summer. For this I do apologize on their behalf.
Our SOP is to inform customers that place online orders that cannot be filled immediately that there is a lead time (a customer who calls (and trust me, we get plenty of calls all day, so the number is VERY prominent) will be told if there is a lead time issue right away). The lead time we quote is based on the information we are provided by the manufacturer. We are just as beholden to the manufacturer's timetables as our customers are. I wish we could get them all to produce what our customers need, when they need it. The simple fact is that they do not. We only get them when they ship them. If they give us bad information, then we get the blame.
4) Your order actually was shipped direct from TIF with this shipment since they were indeed so late on these. I am not sure what you are referring to, when you claim you were told "that they (tequipment or somebody) are always shipping the wrong items."
TIF in this case was the party responsible for shipping you the TIF8800, instead of the 8800A.
5) "Back on June 21, 2005 I ordered a TIF8800A Combustible Gas Detector, a spare sensing tip, spare battery charger and spare Ni-Cad batteries. First of all I didn't realize all the (spare) items were included"
If you go back and visit the webpage for the TIF8800A (which I will not link to, in case people think it's an attempt to draw more traffic to the site) you will see that the "spare" items you ordered are labeled "Replacement" items. However, I will take your comments under advisement to help make this more clear. We are always looking for ways to improve the site.
We at Tequipment.NET are the first to apologize for any oversight or issues of service we are responsible for. We also take the heat for the manufacturers we represent (over 30 and counting). Unfortunately, there are issues that are beyond our scope to control.
I hope this presents anyone who reads this thread with some balance. We are a company that strives for excellence in service and good 'Net citizenry.