Test

Getting ready to take my NHIE test. Don’t want to over study. If anyone has taken the test within the last year or so. How indept is it. Or is it the basic questions. Responses please

I have not taken it in the last year but it is the required test for the Texas Professional Inspector license. The average fail rate is 50% for Inspectors in Texas. Not sure though if that is a true indicator of the test content or not?

It’s in-depth. IMO harder than InterNACHI’s entrance exam. The questions are based with multiple very similar answers and you have to pick the best one.

I took mine in April of last year. Definitely in-depth. Don’t be surprised if there are a number of questions that cover topics or use terms that you won’t find in any of your study materials.

I did my basic training with AHIT, then sought out every practice exam source I could find (how I learned about InterNACHI). Every time you miss a question, research the topic until you have filled in the hole in your knowledge. I had to wait about a month-and-a-half after completing my education before I was able to take the test in Texas, which I used to drill, baby, drill. Passed on my first attempt.

Good idea. You don’t want to learn more than you have too.

And just because… since it is considered a “National Exam”, you will need to know about systems that you may not even have in your region, ie. swimming pools in Alaska, in-ground sprinkler systems in Minnesota, Boilers and components in Florida!

So much for “over learning”… Ha!

Does your state require a license?