Tetanus Booster Shot

Originally Posted By: bhendry
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

A couple of weeks ago I banged my head pretty good on a nail in an attic. Truss defects, no ridge vents, leak at chimney, other problems noted. After admitting what I had done (seeking some sympathy) the first question was “When was your last tetanus shot?” It was 1995.

Had a routine Dr. appointment today and asked for a Tetanus shot. Come to find out, they don't carry any - business decision - not reimbursed much by insurance companies. He suggested the local Health Dept. They had it - $24 a shot - fill out a short form - no big deal.

Problems from Tetanus are preventable but not curable. If you are not up to date - I suggest checking into a booster shot - cheap problem prevention.

Bill Hendry
www.HandyHomeInspections.com

Originally Posted By: cnordby

Ouch Bill but good advice. I sliced my hand from an exacto a few years back too and had to get a tetanus shot. Guess you are supposed to get one every 10 years?

SafeHOME

Seattle, WA.

www.signsbycheryl.freeservers.com

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

OUCH I hate when that happens

Originally Posted By: bhendry

Hi Cheryl:

I recall hearing 5, 8 and 10 years for the interval. Yesterday the Dr. quoted 10 years. He asked me why I thought I needed the shot. "I'm a home inspector". "Oh, OK, you need one".

Watch out for those rogue exacto's.

Bill Hendry
www.HandyHomeInspections.com

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Those gang nail plates on the roof trusses will get you every time too, if you’re not careful.

Tetanus shot every ten years, so do 8 or 9. I'm due soon, and I HATE shots!! Lockjaw would be worse though, I can't imagine a liquid diet of beer......