Texas Code Of Ethics Changes

Originally Posted By: escanlan
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Quote:
(4) An inspector shall not accept a fee or other valuable consideration in a real estate transaction, directly or indirectly, for recommending contractors, services, or products to the inspector's client or other parties having an interest in inspected properties.

These rules also have the potential for destroying current or future business relationships you may have that are beneficial to the end user of your services, the client. For example, how many of you use the services of reputable contractors (i.e. WDI inspectors) but never even receive any fee back from them? You do this for the ability of offering WDI inspections on a fast, timely and professional basis. It allows you to provide services you otherwise could not and may be the very reason you were called by a client in the first place. Depending on who is interpreting this rule then this could very well be considered a "valuable consideration" if your highly capable, professional and reliable WDI Inspector services you first over others because you send them leads.

If you have comments please make sure you notify TREC soon. It is your opportunity to have your voice heard!

--
Manny (Emmanuel) Scanlan

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!

Originally Posted By: away

Manny,

Where can we post comments? Either I did not dig far enough or am looking in the wrong place.

Andrew Way

Keystone Residential Inspection Services PLLC

www.keystoneinspections.com

Originally Posted By: escanlan

Hi Andy,

I sent mine to Ms. Dehay at:

loretta.dehay@trec.state.tx.us

--
Manny (Emmanuel) Scanlan

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!