Thank You, Missouri Association of Realtors

Mr. Braun is a brave and valuable soldier in our fight against the ASHI leaders supporting the MAR efforts for licensing. Dirty Harry, the pres of the St. Louis Chapter, thinks he will be sitting on the Lic Board that his friends are creating for him. Even though the members of the St. Louis ASHI Chapter oppose licensing, Harry lies to them and tells them that he is simply involved in “monitoring” the licensing efforts. They are totally unaware of his very visible and active participation with MAR outside of the city.

Thanks for standing up to him and his cronies, Mr. Braun. You’re my kind of guy.

That would never happen here in Florida, we the local members decide who our leaders are not national, as it should be.

BTW Keep up the good fight against licensing.

So are you saying there are actually some ASHI members with balls.

But Joe… This non -verified BS story is good national enquire stuff.:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have to wonder, how does a newly certified nickie -nacho inspector have so much info on ashi, more than ashi members…

I actually listen to things with an open mind, then just running my mouth. You need to try it some time Dan.

Still the Dick, eh Danny Boy?

It’s time that all of us take our collective heads out of our asses, including you DH, and realize that we have been made pawns in all of this.

Anyone in the know is aware that we are being manipuilated. There are lots of good ASHI folk. There are lots of good NAHI folk. There are lots of good NACHI folk.

And there are lots of decent realtors who are not involved.

But, for you to once again turn information discussed on this message board into some sort of ****ing joke, proves what a complete a$$ you really must be.

Do us all a favor, you supreme ****head, go walk your dog.

… DH our man, proving once again that his hatred for NACHI goes so deep that he cant admit to truth in anything posted, and cannot compliment anyone for saying anything useful if its on this BB.

What a total dick.

Until we, as professional inspectors, band together and put a lot of association chest-pounding temporarily on the back burner, we will forever be foraging for crumbs in the RE transaction. If a home sells for $400,000, and the buyers agent gets around 1%, that’s $4000. The lawyer gets around $800. The home inspector has the highest liability, is put under the most pressure, is the go-to guy, and the everyman. In the end, we typically earn less than 1/10th of 1% of the transaction for our trouble.

What’s wrong with this picture? We are the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER in the transaction. Yet, we are treated worse than a bastard step-child. Some association “leaders” are kissing the asses of NAR players, and all for CONTROL. Same goes for licensing. It has NEVER helped the inspector. It has NEVER really helped the consumer. There was NEVER quantifiable data justifying the bogus claims at how ordinary people need to be protected from the big, bad, home inspector. We are still pawns.

We all need to ****ing wake up.

You too, Danny Boy. You too.

Now go ahead and tell us how ****ing busy you are. What a chump.

When you look in the mirror, do you laugh at what you see? How pathetic you are.

[quote=jfarsetta]
Still the Dick, eh Danny Boy?

It’s time that all of us take our collective heads out of our asses, including you DH, and realize that we have been made pawns in all of this.

Until we, as professional inspectors, band together and put a lot of association chest-pounding temporarily on the back burner, we will forever be foraging for crumbs in the RE transaction. If a home sells for $400,000, and the buyers agent gets around 1%, that’s $4000. The lawyer gets around $800. The home inspector has the highest liability, is put under the most pressure, is the go-to guy, and the everyman. In the end, we typically earn less than 1/10th of 1% of the transaction for our trouble.

What’s wrong with this picture? We are the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER in the transaction. Yet, we are treated worse than a bastard step-child. Some association “leaders” are kissing the asses of NAR players, and all for CONTROL. Same goes for licensing. It has NEVER helped the inspector. It has NEVER really helped the consumer. There was NEVER quantifiable data justifying the bogus claims at how ordinary people need to be protected from the big, bad, home inspector. We are still pawns.

We all need to ****ing wake up.

**Yep, a hu, got you joe.:roll: :roll: Hope I didn’t tick you off tonight :twisted: :twisted: **
All need to team together, yea right, impossible when you have one group certifing inspectors for a ck. the other requires proof of experience and taking a proctored exam.
Ain’t gonna happen in the real world.

Licensing does work if inspectors work together, it will not when one org wants no requirements the other wants at least some.

Who said lic doesn’t work besides members in your org?
The few naysayers in other orgs band together with other inspectors reguardless of org affiliation to make it work, i****nstead of spredding lies and BS about other orgs, and other org inspectors on an open bb.

If lic and enforcement didn’t work, one nickey certified only inspector would be still practicing in Washington state, there are hundreds more in other states with out license requirements that nobody has a clue of their qualificiations.

Now go ahead and tell us how ****ing busy you are. What a chump.

19 on the books to do, 2 of them referrals from local members that were to busy to do them… :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: You ?

In spite of the rah-rah nonsense from dog lovers in Arizona, it is a generally known fact in Missouri that the majority of home inspectors oppose licensing.

Even in St. Louis, the president of the ASHI chapter has to lie to his ASHI members (who also oppose licensing) and must conduct his business out of earshot.

The ASHI leaders from St. Louis, Kansas City and Columbia who are working with the MAR (with the expectation of being rewarded with seats on a licensing board, should there ever be one) have formed a phony “coalition” that they refer to as the Missouri Association of Home Inspectors (copied from the Missouri Association of Realtors, no doubt).

They have fooled a few of their members, but that’s about it. They have no pull of their own with the legislature, aside from the MAR bought and paid for legislator who will be presenting their bill within the next three weeks.

Guess what these fools did.

They advised the rep to grandfather NACHI, NAHI and ASHI members thinking that this will quiet the opposition.

Think it will work?:D:D:D;-)

Instead…they have provided the proof — within the bill, itself — that supports those arguing against it…that there is no need for it.

Home inspectors need to meet the standard or they don’t.

To argue that hundreds of home inspectors in Missouri *do not need to meet their licensing criteria *(those who would be grandfathered) is to argue right along with the opposition…that the legislation is not necessary.

Ooops. I let the cat out of the bag, didn’t I?:smiley:

Future articles appearing in Missouri newspapers will be addressing this in much more detail…but first, we need to see the bill that the Missouri Association of Realtors have purchased with the assistance and advice of their prospective licensing board member ASHI presidents.

One of the articles will be asking "How much of the money paid by the Missouri Association of Realtors to their lobbyists came from sales commissions paid to them by Missouri consumers who have since lost their homes to foreclosure?"

This is going to be a fun year.

Before it’s over, Missouri may become famous as the “FSBO State”.

[/QUOTE]

How many more web based, blog type newspapers that nobody ever reads does Missouri have???:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

James -

Actually I’m an ASHI Member and I’m confused on part of this conversation.

There is a Mid-Missouri ASHI Chapter in the Columbia area, and a Midwest Pro-ASHI Chapter that covers Kansas City, Springfield, Des Moines, Lawrence and Wichita.

I have no idea who the Current or Past Presidents of Mid-Missouri ASHI are. There may or may not be a Jeff there. If any of them have had issues with National ASHI is unknown to us.

I was one of the 2-3 people that started the Midwest Pro-ASHI Chapter. We’ve never had a Chapter President named Jeff. One of our past Chapter Officers was Jeff Clark from Lawrence, KS (he is no longer an ASHI member). Another one of our Chapter Officers and a COR Rep (Council of Representatives to National ASHI) was named Jeffrey Fielder-Bey. He goes to the MHIA meetings in Jeff City periodically. We also had a John Kurtz that was a Chapter Officer that has attended the last several MHIA meetings (he also is no longer affiliated with ASHI).

In the Midwest Pro-ASHI Chapter we recently had one of National ASHI’s headquarter staff members mess up their National Web Site and put a guy from Wichita (Jeff Barnes) in the Presidents Box. **When actually he is not a Chapter Officer at all. **That has been rectified. **AND **Jeff was in the fore front of working with legislators to introduce legislation - so he couldn’t be who you’re referring to.

I’m wondering if the previous posts refer to John K. or Jeff B. ??

Food For Thought …

In 1983 in St. Louis there was already an ASHI Chapter. Thats 24 years ago.

I’ve seen brochures from the State Bar Association and Realtors Boards in St. Louis telling buyers/sellers/agents to use an ASHI Inspector AND to follow the ASHI sop. St. Louis Realtors gave out lists of ASHI members for over 10 years that I know of. Thats a long history.

Put yourself in those inspectors shoes. They’re run the roost. If NACHI or NAHI had the same history, they wouldn’t be wanting to give it up easily.

Correct.

That is what the ASHI inspectors who oppose licensing in St. Louis are arguing. They already have the real estate salesmen in their pockets. Licensing does nothing to help them…and everything to help their competitor who wants the referrals they are currently getting for having “credentials”.

But their leadership…with their eyes on the seats in Jefferson City…are willing to sell them out.

It’s fun watching these ASHI guys eating their own young…

That logic should also apply to any home inspector who has weathered the slings & arrows of startup and is still in business 4-5 years later. Licensing hurts the experienced successful home inspector the most. Jim, make sure to keep us in the loop regarding your published articles.

Dan,
It is not John. John and Jeff I have met in person. Good people. The information I got came from somebody you know quite well. A person I have a lot of respect for and I would have a hard time believing he would lie about something like that. I am bad with remembering details, but I do not forget the main parts. It is possible he lied, he is a ASHI member. But I really think he is just disgusted at ASHI and knows what ASHI is doing is wrong. He is scared of ASHI National like most ASHI members. The funniest thing to do is to ask an alone ASHI member about home inspection licensing, and watch how fast it takes him to get to his truck.

[QUOTE]

Ahhh. when challanged on questionable posts, the nacho way is back peddle.

Did you ever think it’s possible he had another inspection, that he got from ashi’s find an inspector to go to.:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dan H. -

Right now, many of our guys wish they had a 1st inspection, let alone a 2nd one to go to. I don’t care what group you belong to, in my area I’m not hearing anybody brag about how their “XXXX” Group’s “Find an Inspector” web site is feeding them work.

As you probably know I’m in Kansas City - 2 blocks from the state line of Kansas and Missouri. I’ve been an ASHI member for over 23 years. Longer than anyone in my area by far. I just did a search on the ASHI **“Find an Inspector” **site in Kansas & Missouri Zip Codes in KC.

MY search produced 25 to 39 names in every area I searched. In some areas close to me I didn’t show up at all. We have over 75 ASHI guys/gals in the KC metroplex, and I honestly don’t think most people buying or selling a home will call more than 4 or 5 of us before picking one. In the past 90 days I’ve been able to account for 1 ASHI site referral; 2 each from NAHI and NACHI; and 7 from “we were searching the web and found your site”.

Belonging to something sounds good - but your real push should be on you, your company and your unique skills - not that you belong to one association or another - because I don’t think most consumers care.

Maybe in your area it works - I haven’t seen it here. The agents still control the vast majority of where buyers end up **AND **their thoughts about what makes up a good inspector is often 100% different than an inspectors thoughts on whats good or not.

James,

You have a serious gripe with REALTORS.

Everything in the world that goes wrong, you blame REALTORS. Afterall, it’s REALTORS fault that Iran is seeking nuclear weapons!

It is nice to see that other, as per thier posts, have common sense!

Do not forget ASHI too! We need to give everybody involved credit.

More so with the association that represents them in Missouri.

Real estate salespeople are hired to sell houses. Sellers of houses are counting on their efforts. Buyers need advocates. Home inspectors who have no gain from the sale of the house (not so with RE salesmen representing buyers) need to be free from their tentacles.

The Buyers’ advocates are the REALTORS who offer
Exclusive Buyers’ Representation.

This representation is the Yang of Yin. I’ve worked with a few who genuinely looked out for their Clients’ interests.

In regards to convicted persons information in the area, most government web-sites have a search data-base for the public to search.

For a REALTOR to outright make criminal claims regarding the persons in the area is a HUGE LIABILITY!

The great professional provides the thier Clients’ with the information for the data-base search.

This is not the Salem, MA witch-trials. A mistake in an identity is a serious offense.