Thanks HON!

The setup call is scheduled for next week.

Found some information on HIP’s site. It basically provides answers to homeowners working on or wanting answers about their home. Inspectors using it get to give it to clients for free. http://www.homeinspectorpro.com/Home-Inspector-Pro/webinar-on-home-inspector-pro-home-owners-network-a-isn.html

Dom talks about HON all the time.
He is the website administrator I believe.

Allows clients to ask experts questions about their home via their smart phone, get discounts to lowes, home depot, food places, maid services, insurance, everything they need when they move, etc.
There is a phone app they can use as well.

Pretty sure there is a newsletter.

One of the owners is Kevin O’Malley.

So it’s for homeowners that have never heard of Google?

Been using it for over a year - have heard from a few clients that say they like it.

Give it to every client.
They love it. Only get the email addr and it is an opt in service at the end of a year.
Don’t be scared, they don’t bite.

There’s a big difference from Google and from using an app (that I created) to take a photo, write a question and get an answer from a professional on what to do or who to contact if necessary. The app has the inspectors information branded on it and gives the client a way to refer their friends directly to you with one click.

It’s a pretty cool service. Check it out. Use it if you like it, don’t use it if you don’t!

But no Android app?

Yes search Home owners network in app store.

Yup, what Samuel said! It’s there just use the full name.

Okay. I’m excited to give this a try and offer it to my clients. Especially if Gnat doesn’t like it. :wink:

Hey Dominic, put Frank in charge of HON’s marketing. He just came up with the best reason to sign up. LOL

I got a million of 'em :slight_smile:

Frank whats with all the Nate obsession lately ?

I thought that HON was also offering home warranty and product recall services. I don’t see this on their website. This is from the lawsuit:
Quote:
Under the leadership of its owners and board of directors, Patrick Norton (“Norton”), Scott Forde (“Forde”) and Kevin O’Malley (“O’Malley), since at least November 2014, HON has pushed into the home warranty and recall alert business, offering deals that mirror those used by RWS almost identically (Exhibit ‘C’) even though O’Malley was expressly put on notice in November 2014 by RWS that their products and services were deceitful and infringed on RWS proprietary information and O’Malley acknowledged receipt of the same in an “Open Letter about Nathan Thornberry. Posted at his request.” (Exhibit ‘D’).

I'm planning on offering these types of services to my clients but I hate the part in Nathan's agreement

Seems like most big companies are offering RecallChek. I want the freedom to choose who I do business with, not be stock with a lower quality service because of an agreement.

Any thoughts?

The warranty company is a separate business from HON. It just shares the fact that Kevin OMalley is part of both.

Good you commented on that as many wish no part of an alarm company referral type operation.

What’s the company name and is HON doing the product recall service?

Thx

Yes HON has a product recall service.

Thanks, found it on their site: BarndominiumPlans.com | The Best Barndominium House Plans – Barndominium Plans

The Elite Group promote that they offer free RecallChek and a HON membership with every inspections. Wouldn’t this conflict with the RecallChek agreement?

http://www.eliteinspections.com/pdf/Elite_Brochure.pdf