The actual inspection

I having hard time finding the answers to the following two questions. My search of the forums brings up the wrong things. Can anyone please help with these?

Question 1.) I’m trying to find the most efficient way to perform the inspection. I understand that every property is different, but then again every property has a driveway, exterior, interior, kitchen, etc. I don’t want to look like a chicken with its head cut off from things that I missed.

Question 2.) My report forms are legal sized and a little unwieldy to carry around and write on them. So I’m trying to find out about maybe jotting notes on a small pad of paper, then when completed going back to my vehicle and spending 15 minutes filling out the report.

I can’t thank you enough if I get some meaningful responses.

Question 1.) I’m trying to find the most efficient way to perform the inspection. I understand that every property is different, but then again every property has a driveway, exterior, interior, kitchen, etc. I don’t want to look like a chicken with its head cut off from things that I missed.

Pick a path. Stick to it once your happy with your chosen path. I leave lights on as well so I know I’ve been there.

Question 2.) My report forms are legal sized and a little unwieldy to carry around and write on them. So I’m trying to find out about maybe jotting notes on a small pad of paper, then when completed going back to my vehicle and spending 15 minutes filling out the report.

Report forms and no pics or pics on a separate thumb drive aggravates people. You need to get professional software and put your pics on your report. If you don’t do pics people like me will put you out of business. People loves visual. Text is great but pics tells the story behind what you’re trying to explain. One more thing no one can fill out a professional report let alone think about what truly needs to be reported in 15 mins.

Also I wouldn’t promote your website you currently have listed on NACHI until you put one up showing you as a professional home inspector.

Listen closely to Billy!! He will get you where you need to be! Great advice Billy…

Thanks. Very Helpful. But are clients generally okay with telling them that you will have the report ready in a day or two versus right now? and what about those clients that want to follow you around?

Do you have a smart phone? iPad? Laptop? There are a lot of of options if you have any of these. I like report host.

I use all of those. I will look into “Report Host”. Thanks.

It gives you a guideline to follow that will help negate the possibility of forgetting something.

Just signed up with Report Host. Can’t thank you enough for info. Cheers.

Get HIP and print out a copy of the tabs to use as a cheat sheet.

Start inside same room such as kitchen and always keep to the left or the right.

I think everyone should check out this page on his website before offering any advice to the OP…
http://www.bsrep.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73&Itemid=59

Does everyone else read this the same way I do?..
http://www.bsrep.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80:bsrep-salvation-army&catid=36

Good catch.

In the years that we have been inspecting homes, structures, and properties, we have strived to make this process as easy, quick, and painless as possible for ourselves and those we have agreements with. In order to accomplish this, we have produced a complete and definitive set of home, structure, and property inspection sheets.”

LOL …now thats funny.

I was going to write something but then I looked at the website:roll::roll:

Doing that now… Thanks.

This might help your process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsiccK-Qg

Interesting

I don’t do the same types of inspections you guys do. I work exclusively with foreclosed homes and the banks. There are no clients involved.

I’m getting out of the foreclosed home business and moving into home inspections. Working with the banks really sucks and they screw you every chance they get… and there is no money in it.

Go to the YouTube I posted it will help you get a pattern.