The Big Red Bus - In Honor of Curtis Vilt

Inspectors - One of our own… and a dear friend Curtis Vilt has been diagnosed with leukemia. His diagnosis is very recent and he is awaiting test results on the 25th of this month so his Dr.'s can devise a plan of attack.

In honor of Curtis the FL Home & Insurance Inspectors Chapter of InterNACHI has arranged for the BIG RED BUS to come to our event in October.

Florida’s Blood Bank will be accepting donations during our conference on October 29th from 12:00 - 6:00 p.m at the Melbourne Hilton Rialto.

Every three seconds someone, somewhere, needs a blood transfusion. Blood is always in demand and that’s why we’ve made it easy to donate. Florida’s Blood Centers and the Big Red Bus want their donors and the community to understand the importance of donating; how the blood donation process works; and how blood is used. You can visit their website Here: http://www.floridasbloodcenters.org/

Please consider helping your community in this way. The need for blood is great and it could help a person you love very much.

Thanks.

Awesome. No wonder your chapter is so successful

Because the memberss are willing to give blood:p

If it wasn’t for people donating blood I would not be alive today. When I had my accident a year and a half ago, I required 17 units to stay alive. I am very grateful for everyone who gave. I will be donating again as soon as I am allowed to.

You guy’s are great. I will do my best to be there with my wife she wants to meet y’all. I received an awful call from my right hand-man/ friend this afternoon his 7 year old son passed out today and was rushed in for Emergency Chemo as a result of an aggressive Childhood Leukemia undiagnosed until today. He is in critical condition. I never payed attention to the need for blood.

You guy’s are great. I will do my best to be there with my wife she wants to meet y’all. I recived an awfull call from my right handman/ friend this afternoon his 7 year old son passed out today and was rushed in for Emergency Chemo as a result of an agressive childhood Luekemia undiagnosed until today. He is in critical condition. I never payed attention to the need for blood.

Best of luck to you both. I am sending you all some positive thoughts and will donate some blood in you honor next time I see the bus around me.

I am a member of the 1 gallon club :slight_smile:
They sent me a certificate once.

Thanks Mike and I apologize for the double post been a long day:(

Curtis,

You want my blood before or after Happy Hour?

William if after 12:00 after HH is good with me:cool:

Curtis, I will be proud to donate in your honor. From myself and my family, our thoughts are with you.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44090512/ns/health-cancer/

Curtis,

You will all be in my prayers, for I know what it is like my wife had leukemia. Be strong, prayers are powerful, I will ask for prayers for you all.

Curtis,

Positive vibrations heading your way, ride the wave!

Thanks again guy’s. Andrew thanks fot the links I have been following it since it came out. Shows promise, time will tell

Best to you sir :slight_smile:

Now this is what we should be doing. Inspectors helping inspectors!!!

For those who can donate blood at our October InterNACHI conference, Florida’s Blood Centers have several great items that they will be GIVING our donors.

In honor of Curtis and all of those who are in need of blood everyday come out and join us and give blood if you can!

See the attached for a list of all the great giveaways from Florida’s Blood Centers!

Have you registered yet?

Florida’s Inspection Event of the Year!

Wow Michelle,
That is an amazing list of freebees. When I donate I usually get a Dardens Restaurant gift card and maybe a T shirt.
The only problem with the list of goodies is that the people have to be there to collect. So folks, there is still time to register for the best NACHI conference you will have the pleasure of attending (with hundreds of draw prizes as well) in 2011. Contact Michelle if you are unable to sign up online.