The Chapter Recognition Awards Program

Originally Posted By: jbowman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

The Chapter Recognition Awards Program was created to recognize annual outstanding chapter achievement. The guidelines for participation and the accomplishments of recognized chapters may serve as a benchmark against which other chapters can measure themselves. It is our intention that the Award program inspire all chapters to higher levels of activity and excellence. Participation in this awards program in voluntary.

Description of the Award Program

Recognition awards are presented in four categories: (Items 1 thru 3 may be issued more than once for each chapter. But only 1 certificate per item per month for each chapter applying and being approved by the NACHI Awards Committee.). Item 4 is issued to one Chapter per year.

1. Outstanding Chapter Programming. (Certificate issued).
2. Advancing the Home Inspection Profession. (Certificate issued).
3. Outstanding Member Services. (Certificate issued).
4. Overall Chapter Excellence. Plaque or Trophy, (Presented once a year at the National Convention).

Chapters may submit for any of the first three awards at any time during the calendar year. The award for "Overall Chapter Excellence" is presented to the chapter that performs best overall in the first three categories.

Eligibility

In order to qualify for a recognition award, your chapter must submit to the NACHI Awards Committee all supporting documentation to substantiate the award being considered. Chapters will also be considered for an award upon submission of supporting documentation from anyone not associated with that Chapter. (i.e., NACHI Executive Director, President, Steering Committee, Mayor, Governor, General Public, etc.).

Programs are for the period of January 1, 2004 thru December 31, 2004.
(Please note, A January deed or accomplishment can be submitted at any time during the calendar year. We would strongly suggest that all submissions be presented to the Awards Committee prior to the year end Holidays).

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

NACHI membership,

Unbelieveable. With all the great things going on with many Chapters across US and Canada and not one single nomination for any Chapter award.

Want to submit a chapter, but don't know how? Email me, we'll work together on it.

Award Winners for Jan 2004 - None
Award Winners for Feb 2004 - None
Award Winners for Mar 2004 - None
Award Winners for Apr 2004 - None
Award Winners for May 2004 - None
Award Winners for Jun 2004 - None
Award Winners for Jul 2004 - None
Award Winners for Aug 2004 - None

So far the NACHI "None" Chapter is in the lead for Chapter of the Year. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

I have read great things coming out of New York, Florida, Kentucky, Arizona, California, Canada to name a very few. I understood that the NACHI Chapters were instrumental. Let's recognize them.

Thanks for your participation.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

To the members of the Awards Committee:

For your consideration I respectfully submit the NACHI NY Fingerlakes Region Chapter for July 2003.

In July 2003 the NACHI NY Fingerlakes Region Chapter introduced and conducted a program involving a mock inspection of an actual home. The first time "hands on" training offered was a huge success proving to be beneficial to both the new and old inspector.

Truly innovative this program has inspired other NACHI Chapters to conduct similar programing.

Please consider the NACHI NY Fingerlakes Region Chapter for the July 2003 "Outstanding Chapter Programing" Award.

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

I would like to nominate the East-Central Ontario Chapter headed by Gilbert Strachan for March 2004. Gil and his team have really taken off with this and got some great speakers. They have done a great job of organizing and promoting their meetings.

On March 15 they posted a compiled a list of Chapter Support Consultants

Most significantly in March 2004, the East-Central Ontario Chapter were the ones to help get the Canadian NACHI lawyer on board. An important step for Canadian NACHI members.

All this while the other Canadian chapters are still trying to get off the ground.

Past meetings
March 31 - Inaugural Meeting - 76 attendees
May 11 - WETT (Wood Heating) Inspection - 25 attendees
June 15 - Flat Roofs (IKO) Seminar - 25 attendees

Upcoming Meetings:
Sept 14 - "Judge vs. Insurance Adjustor" and "How To Make More Money"
Oct 12 - Sloped Roofs (IKO) Seminar
Nov 9 - Mold Seminar... Indoor Dampness, IAQ,etc.

http://www.nachi.org/eastcentralontariochapter.htm
http://www.nachi.org/eastcentralontariochapter4.htm

Please consider the NACHI East-Central Ontario Chapter for the March 2004 "Outstanding Member Services" Award.

I should note that I have attended the Barrie and Toronto Chapter meetings and will be driving 4 hours to attend the East Central Ontario Chapter meeting on Sept 14.

--

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: dkeough

I would like to nominate the SE FloridaChapter headed by Harvey Gordon for August 2004. Harvey and his team have really taken off with this and got some great speakers. They have done a great job of organizing and promoting their meetings.

On August 28 we had our first meeting.
Up to 200 people showed up to this meeting.
The executive director, webmaster, President of NACHI were in attendance.
We also had the Tampa chapter, Central Florida Chapter and NW chapter presidents and members in attendance.
The food and meeting place were excellent.

Speakers ranged from Matt Dupree, state legislative aide, in helping guide us thru the process of getting a fair bill thru the committees and passed if need be.

We also had Pre-legal speak as well as Adam, a lawyer, speak on the benefits of a good agreement and report. Lorne spoke on his software which was informative. Norma Jean(very pretty) gave us a very nice speech on sea wall inspections.

If that was not enough, The people in attendance raised over $3000 for the victims of Hurricane Charley.
This is the second event that the SE chapter has run to help the victims of Charley. Right after the storm, members donated various supplies that were delivered to the west coast to member Todd Schwalbe to distribute to the ones in need.

Harvey did a wonderful job with organizing this event. We also started the Florida Association of Certified Home Inspectors at an earlier meeting in the day. This will help us have a stronger voice in the state.

The SE chapter has one of the nicer websites also. Check it out. Members are going to benefit greatly from the work that is going on in this chapter.

Upcoming Meetings:
Every third Thursday of the month.

http://www.FloridaNachi.org

Please consider the NACHI Southeast Florida Chapter for the month of August 2004 "Outstanding Member Services" Award.

Thank You
David Keough
Director of the SE Florida chapter and a little biased

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

Gee David that first paragraph seems familiar icon_wink.gif

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: dkeough

Thanks Paul

I just needed to get started

Dave

Originally Posted By: mrose

Hi John B.,

I respectfully submit the nomination of the Atlanta chapter for support by the chapter and members of the NACHI Foundation.

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com