The decline of the NACHI B.B.

Originally Posted By: mbartels
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Whats Going on here? Is NACHI now a flea market for web sites, tools, books, etc? I just logged on and scaned down about 4-5 posts and every single one was someone trying to sell me something.

BTW, Huge Multi Family Yard Sale this weekend! ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

--
www.overbrookhomeinspection.com
It's not over till you're underground

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Agreed…

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Roberta Dulay

Nick has been working to find NACHI members special discounts on things like web sites, brochures, etc. He has encouraged me, and other vendors as well from what I can tell, to create special offerings for the NACHI group and has announced these himself in these groups as well as encouraging us to participate as well.

That said, I agree that these service offerings perhaps belong in another section, so that members can decide for themselves whether or not they wish to see what's available. There are certainly members who benefit from the knowledge of these offerings, while others are clearly offended by the demise of the board. Perhaps by separating these into a special section then stating "Non commercial posts" only under Misc would be a solution that everyone could live with.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Roberta Dulay
Yalia Technology Design

--
Yalia Technology Design offers NACHI members Home Inspection Web Sites for under $200. Visit http://www.realtysites.info/nachi.php for more information.

Originally Posted By: swalker

agreed a special discounts section would be good. 2 thumbs up

Pace yourself…an elephant can be swallowed, one bite at a time.

Steve

Originally Posted By: kdemski

I agree. A “Vendor Discounts - for Members Only” section works for me. By the way, why are the “Books” and “Videos” buttons on the left direct links to Amazon.com?