The First Step in Taking Back our Profession!!!

A more effective strategy would be to acquire the list and then post it publically with an explanation of why they do this. It could work to HI’s advantage if handled right. JAOMO

Jim,

A very interesting read ( Read about the salesmen arrested ) and another example of lopsided justice in handing out penalties. Regardless of any extenuating circumstances some possibly should have had complete license revocation?

Whether you call it MREC or TREC we are in a situation too where control of the HI factor is handled by the Real Estate Broker industry. John Cahill has made a very good point about this type of situation in the following thread:
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22797 . In the MO case you can only hope to help mold what your outcome will eventually be. But that takes a great deal of cooperation from “ALL” Inspectors in MO. Given previous track records of other states, other efforts, etc., I honestly do not see that happening.

I honestly wish the MO Inspector community a great deal of luck in this turning out at least somewhat the way they want it to and in their favor!

Did you read the case of Ben Carmona of Wentzville, MO (20 miles west of St. Louis) who was issued a “probationary license” since he lied and withheld his conviction for burglary and assault?

Burglary and assault? Probationary license?

The used house salesmen in our neighboring state of Kansas (and a few of their clones in Kansas City, MO) think that home inspectors need to have “background checks”.

What difference does that make to a group of people who would knowingly issue a license to sell a house to someone they know to have a criminal record for breaking into them?

The Missouri Association of Realtors want to control those who can “break their deal”. Plain and simple.

Perhaps a couple of hundred of you can email the keeper of the list, aimee@reeceandnichols.com and request a copy.

No need to get sarcastic Jim, just trying to help. The difference between you and me is; you like to fix the blame, I like to fix the problem. But it ain’t no sweat off my a$$ if they run you out of business.

Nick, I’m sure the Aimee was actually instructed to put out that email. This has been an ongoing item with them for years.

Reece and Nichols is one of 20 real estate companies owned by Home Services.

From the Home Services Website

Pay attention to the seamless delivery part of the quote. So adding control of the Inspection process, whether WDI, HI, or other ancillary items would be part of THEIR SOP. List it, sell, finance it, insure it, inspect it! BAM

Now I wonder exactly who is the head man that controls Home Services? I do believe that a certain media mogul, from down under is that person.

It appears that the opposite is happening. Pay to play and you better play nice or else.

Paul

Ruppert?

Say it aint so…