The History of NACHI

Originally Posted By: Guest
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Joe Myers,

What kind of a country do we live in where a fella like you, with a keen business acumen like that, can?t manage to run a successful cleaning company? It just doesn?t figure.

I sit behind my computer wondering why you bother to post at all. Has Nick told you to spar with me? I feel like you?re trying to Rope-a-Dope me. Your every post is more stupid than the one that preceded it and I?m actually having to think about new and inventive ways to point out how positively dull you This is getting to be laborious, frankly. Please ask Nick if you can stop. It's GOT to be past your bedtime.

Bracing myself,

Jim

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Jim M,

You noticed that about me too, how nice! Actually, the cleaning business was a success, too much of a success. I could not find responsible employees in order to keep it going. More on the realistic side though, it was a physically demanding job, I would rather use my mind than my body. I am not getting any younger!

You certainly don't need me to be a rope a dope, you pretty much have that one covered all by your lonesome.

It really did not dawn on me that my posts were becoming dumber than the previous but I would like to add, if I may, that you are the only one that is complaining that they are stupid. Ironic, isn't it?

BTW...didn't I tell you, Nick pays me $10,000 a week just to make your life more laborious. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) He sure got his monies worth this week!

You certainly can take the hint though, right. Nick is not going to open up the books to you, or anyone else for that matter. Nick and Joe H are the only officers in NACHI. We like it that way cause you see, we don't have to worry about paying for branding crap-o-la that we don't want. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Jim,

Perhaps my compadre Jeff is correct. But, knowing the hothead I can sometimes be, I cant help myself from just telling you to f#&k off. There, just like a physic, I feel better now. And just like the egestive process I eluded to, so goes an accurate description of your posts.

Valid or not, I find it most interesting how you have decided to be like some kind of saviour for we lowly and most stupid members of NACHI. How noble of you to want to help us to escape the greedy clutches of the maniacal Nick Gromicko. My God, what would we do without you, Jim. Next time I run into you, please remind me who you are, so I can deliver that most personal thanks you have so intently and selflessly earned.

Quickly !!! Everyone, gather your torches. Meet me at Castle Gromicko, where we will release our humble village from the monster known as Frankengromicko. Death to the monster!!!

Once the monster is gone, we can turn to Count Morrison for guidance. He will mesmerize us with fantasies of eternal life in the world of home inspections; while his master, ASHI, drains us of our money. Once we have figured out what he has done, it will be too late. We will be forever doomed to HI lives as indentured servants. The living dead of home inspectors. Forever under the thumb of ASHI. ASHI will determine who lives and who dies in this industry.

Well? Let's get busy. Who's got the specs for these dumb-a$% torches anyway. Who's got the kerosene? Where the he11 does Nick live?

Hey, Ive got a better idea. Let's drive a steak through ASHI's heart; one vampire at a time. Like all true vampires, Jim's likely afraid of the light. So, he snipes from the darkened corners of this bulletin board. Someone buy the poor guy a flashlight. His accusations are interesting, but meaningless. Especially for someone with no vested interest in NACHI, except to try and destroy it from the inside out.

ASHI cant stop us, so they send drones, like Jim, to do their bidding. Problem is that, just like being in the dark, Jim couldn't find his a$$ with both hands. Like I suggested, Jim, dont go away mad... just go away. Unfortunately, we cant FORCE you off this board, because we believe in openness and differing opinions; unlike that "other" association you proudly belong to.

So, tell me; when exactly is ASHI going to open its books to an outsider, or an insider for that matter? I figure right about the time when lead paint makes a comeback on playground furniture.

Bye, Jim. Its been a blast. Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Hey Jeff! How'd I do? ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Joe,

Why don't I make it a little easier for you?

I'll concede that I'm dumb, have an evil agenda, and every other nasty thing you could think to say about me on and off forum. There. That takes care of me.

And I'll reiterate: I have no right to see your books, and I don't care to.
Since you asked, I don't know if ASHI's books are open to outsiders, but Treasurer's reports are issued at least every 2 months and any member can see them if they like. You can watch every dime come in and out.

My point is: If I were a member, it would bother me that Nick takes my money, spends it at his discretion, and refused to publicly (to members only) account for it.

It doesn't bother you, and it doesn't bother a lot of others, but it sure would bother me. I'll bet that you and other chairman types don't pay dues, maybe that's why you don't care.

I know I've hit some sensitive nerves by the tone of your response and Nick's. If you were operating above board and reporting to your members, then I would quickly be shown up for the fool I am and I'd be long gone by now. How could a know-nothing, non-member, kid from MA make this much of a stink? Unless he has a valid point.

Instead, you try to... try to... try to... Well Joe, I can't say I know what you were trying to get across in your last rant. But one thing you never can and never will do is get the members a good clear look at where the money comes from and where it goes because Nick isn't going to allow it. Some ask: Why? Most don't care.

You've all said I'm a lot of different things, but nobody has said I'm wrong, and no one will ever prove it.

All it would take is opening the books to members,

Jim

Jim M,

So you want Nick to add up all those monies he paid to those hookers, call it an entertainment expense, tell you how much he spent on them and that would make you happy? ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

LMAOROTF!!!

Jim, trust is a two way street. In order to get some trust you have to give some. Chris, the webmaster, does not do the web thing for free. The others that process those free mousepads, don't do it for free. The shipping charges are real for those types of promos. The travel expenses for those chapter meetings are real. The lodging expenses, they are real.

While Nick can be pretty dramatic in his portrayal of certain events, I trust him more than my closest friends.

The nerve you struck was that you are talking SH** about someone that is near and dear to me and the final answer that you got was still not the answer you desired. I am not feeling the same compassion to see ASHI's books that you are feeling to see NACHI's books. Could you please clarify why that is Jim?

What you did and what I believe your intention was by posting this was to create some chaos here at NACHI and start members wondering what Nick is doing with the millions that he is getting from us.

For their sake I can say that I am well aware that Nick does reimburse himself for personal expenses as a result of monies paid while in performance of his duties as the ED of NACHI. To those that can not read between the lines, when he has to take a plane to come to your chapter meeting, NACHI reimburses him for that expense. When he drives to you meetings, he rents a car and NACHI reimburses him for it. The good part of that is while he rents a car, he does so under a corporate account (YEP, NACHI) which makes renting that car pretty darn cheap. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Just for the sake of clarity, could you please illuminate those non accounting type folks what a Treasurer's reports is? Having a little bit of an accounting background I must admit that I have never heard of an accounting report by that name. Is that something like a P & L?

HE** the ASHI boys up down their in HQ may be getting blowjobs out of petty cash for all you know, they are pretty worthless reports when it comes to accountability.

GEEZ Jim, talk about a witch hunt.

Joe Myers

I still say, why do you care so much, Jim? You are not a member of this org. When members feel the way you do, Nick will deal with it and open the books. He wont do it for you, however.

So tell me, Grand Poohbah of Bull#*t.... When was the last time ASHI opened its books, or NAHI, or any other corporation to any piss ant who asked? At least shareholders have a stake in the companies they invest in. But you, Jim, have no place ot right to ask these questions. You are NO ONE in this org.

As to the Chairman swipe, it was weak. Really weak.

So, Jim, what's the agenda, really.

Tell us all... who put you up to this? You act like a puppet. Who pulls your strings. We'd all like to meet the man behind your curtain.

Go back to Daddy's company. You've got a safe haven, there. For the rest of us trying to build a better NACHI, and a better career, you have little to offer us.

I dont know about the rest of you, but I am done with Jim's infinite wisdom.

--
Joe Farsetta

Joe,

You give me too much credit. My wisdom is not infinite. You've seen it all and don't care. I made my points there in black and white. You've made yours. You're in the dark, and you prefer it.

Enough said,

Jim

Bye Bye

Joe Farsetta

Originally Posted By: csoutherland

Joe,

Just ignore this guy. You have explained far more than he deserves as a non-member. If Jim really has good information for us maybe he will give us his personal telephone number so we can really discuss his concerns. Come on Jim, put up or shut up.

Carl

Carl,

Which Joe are you speaking too?

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: csoutherland

Joe F

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

Let me fill in a few blanks.

ASHI post all BoD minutes on its website. ASHI adopted a "transparent" policy last year to make everything visible and to end rumors.

ASHI members have received a discount from FREA for several years.

ASHI members also have most of the same benefits as NACHI members available to them. Some are different but both offer a good number of benefits.

ASHI post the numbers of "dues paying" members they have. NACHI does not and many of NACHI members have been given a free membership, I was offered one but declined. Why are some given a free membership?

Lets not fight about our professional groups, why does it always come down to this on this board. Y'all get so defensive when "non members" ask questions, it's almost like a secret club. Why not open up and put it all in the open as ASHI has done. If a person wants to know when NACHI was formed they can look it up on the PA site that list corporations, if I remember the site had 1998 listed as the date for the formation of NACHI.

Well back to my hiatus from this board, y'all know the sites I am on of you want to talk.

Regards,

Scott Patterson

Originally Posted By: rwills

Quote:
Why not open up and put it all in the open as ASHI has done.

Not only can A$HI not put their board out in the open, they can't even tell their members where they will spend almost double their dues until after they do it. Why? because no one would agree? What brings you over here after all this time Mr. P? are you searching for a new Assoc. also? If so you came to the right place. That's the only reason I could think of that your curiosity would even bring you to this board! Maybe you're searching for better benefits for your money. If A$HI opened their BB tomorrow for all to see, heaven knows I would not waste my time to see what was there! I'm not knocking you by no means, I just think it's screwed up what they did to their members!

--
Bob Wills - MAB Chairman
BW Inspection Services
Warminster, Pa.
http://www.bwinspections.com

Scott,

That is pretty interesting, are you tag teaming with Jim M.

It really is no secret how many members NACHI has, all one has to do it go the featured inspectors and look. While you are correct about the free memberships, no one really knows but Nick. I seem to recall a conversation a while back about ASHI giving away free memberships, how many did ASHI give away?

If you want to come here and start throwing around facts, lets get the facts on both organizations out in the open, not just NACHI.

I for one am not buying into the secret club theory, Jim M came here and asked for financial information and the reply was NO. You just can't take no for an answer but that is your problem, no ours.

If you want to belong to ASHI and pay for their branding that certainly is your business but don't you think you are overstepping your bounds here a little by telling us we should be operating the same way as your association?

This is a simple problem, if you don't like the way ASHI is running things you always have the option to quit and stop sending them the money they need to proceed with the branding crap-o-la. I mean really, did anyone bother to tell those guys that thought of this, that is what the standards of practice are for!

Here is what I would be willing to bet you guys are looking for. Stir things up over here, create some doubt among members, try to get information on how to get voted to the BOD, disclose financial information for NACHI.

BTW...it was very nice of you to disclose to us that it took ASHI all of 30+ years on the business to accomplish what NACHI has done in 6 years. I believe everyone here will take that as a compliment, from one who enjoys talking with the big boys while they pun about us to each other, on another forum.

Maybe I will take you up on that offer to visit you on the other forum.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: phughes

I’m not sure what all the messages are about. I did not read them all, so I’m not sure of your back ground or affiliations.

I'm always interested in learning about others and better ways of doing things.

So what is your background?
What company do you work for?
What organizations do you belong to?
How long have you been an inspector?
What level of inspector are you?
How many people work for you?
If they do not work for you, how many work with you?
Where did you get your experience?
How many inspections have you completed alone?
What is your E-mail address?

I have a lot of questions, and would be interested in understanding your position better.

I know where us NACHI member stand, and what we stand for, so where do you stand, and what do you stand for?

You may have stated all this in other messages, but I don't get the time to review everything all the time, so maybe you can fill me in.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: rray

jmyers wrote:
Just for the sake of clarity, could you please illuminate those non accounting type folks what a Treasurer's reports is? Having a little bit of an accounting background I must admit that I have never heard of an accounting report by that name. Is that something like a P & L?

Hey, Joe.

I think you know what a Treasurer's report is, just not at NACHI since I don't think we have a Treasurer. Every organization I've ever been involved with, save this one, has its Treasurer provide a Treasurer's report on a regular basis, whether that basis is weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually. Who gets the Treasurer's report also is spelled out. Usually, the public doesn't get the Treasurer's report for private organizations such as NACHI. Some types of Treasurer's reports are made public for publicly traded corporations, usually in the form of a quarterly report and annual report. Sometimes the Treasurer's report is called a P&L statement, but that's up to the entity itself as to what to call its reports. Detail in the reports also comes into play.

But I'm like you. It's Nick's kingdom and I really don't care what he does with the money as long as I believe I'm getting something for the membership dues that I pay. Each individual has to determine that for himself, which is why every organization is not for everyone. Too much money, not enough benefits, people leave an organization. That and too many personality conflicts or too much time required might also cause people to leave an organization.

![icon_twisted.gif](upload://xjO326gspdTNE5QS3UTl0a0Rtvy.gif)

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Jim - Just to be fair, you are probably aware that I set on ASHI’s National BOD several times over the past 15 years. Yes we got a quarterly Treasurers Report, and it talked in generalities or categories about how monies were spent. But even as a National BOD member (unless you were on the “A Team”) if we asked for detailed info on certain things the

info was not readily available but they’d get back to us on that - NOT!

One such issue used to be - If the NHIE & EBPHI are really separate organizations from ASHI, how does their debt to ASHI on the Treasurers Reports keep growing (by maybe $15k to $20k each year).

Originally Posted By: chorne

One would only imagine that monies at “that organization” need

to be acounted for because the dues are so rediculously high.

NACHI rocks!! I supose if someone does not have that opinion
maybe they should be in an organization where their fellow
members really don't give a ... about them

My many thanks to Nick and this organization once again!

does anyone recall inquiring for his uneducated opinion?

Joe M and Rkirk, good comments

Carla

Originally Posted By: chorne

BTW,

Those ASHI boys sure do like to visit our forum!

Well, they learn that way.

Carla

Dan,

I had made that very same point a while back, maybe even on another thread. When you are talking those kind of generalities, it really does not "tell" you where the money is going, except into which expense account. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Russel,

I know what you mean. I wanted to make that point because most here would not know that since ASHI was supposed to be a non profit organization they are not allowed to call it a P & L. The reason is simple, as a non profit organization, they are not allowed to show a profit. Since most here are most likely not enlightened of accounting practices, they simply would have no idea what a treasurer's report was but may understand what the profit and loss is!

I really hate it when someone starts talking in terms that not all will understand. Especially when they are part of another organization trying to pull one over on those that just don't understand. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Now, thanks to you and in part me, they understand that a treasurer's report is nothing more than a P & L with a different name.

Dan,

I have just one more question for you, if you don't mind.

When the BOD's over at ASHI paid for hookers, what expense account did they use?

I just wanna know if they are using the entertainment account, like Nick!

Joe Myers