The Home Inspector Pledge

Do have anything to support your claim?

I see that we have a lot of ‘Law Abiding Citizens’ Here…

Other than that almost every recallchek user out there basically has already sided with nathans pledge… no I got nothing

And there you have it folks… the one reason why you should consider having your attorney read through each and every contract and document you are proffered to sign relating to your home purchase!

I am curious how many clauses attorneys would strike out of contracts offered by inspectors such as Russell and Juan. Personally, I advise all my clients to have their attorneys review my contract prior to signing if they have any reservations at all, so we may discuss and address any and all concerns beforehand. If we cannot mutually agree on terms, I do not perform their inspection, and they are free to choose another inspector more in line to their liking… with plenty of time beforehand to locate another inspector… NOT when they are at the eleventh hour of their contingency period with their hands tied.

If any of these “protectors of the public” know of a NACHI inspector who is actually immorally and unethically selling his clients information, they should post his name and company right now.

We’re waiting.

Thornberry is a lead broker. He buys private information from home inspectors and resells them to alarm systems companies and perhaps others who will pay him for them.

He does this by creating the illusion that his products, which he uses to harvest private information about home buyers, turn newbies into multi-million dollar enterprises. Some believe him … until it’s time to renew. The fact is, multi-inspection firms were using kickbacks from alarm systems companies in exchange for private client data to offset their overhead expenses long before Thornberry completed high school (which was not that long ago).

Some seem surprised … after months of having his lies documented by state and federal entities/agencies and his ethical violations validated by independent members serving on investigative committees … to find him also lying about people who reject him and refuse to participate in his scams and schemes.

He will do and say anything to squeeze a buck out of a newby (or anyone similarly as gullible) … and disparage anyone who rejects him. This includes inspectors who have publicly refused to participate in his scams by pledging to protect the privacy of their clients.

I think it is time to quit giving the punk the attention he craves. His fifteen minutes of fame is about over.

Inspectors who want to sell him, contractors or other lead brokers their clients’ private data should simply reveal to their clients the fact that they are exchanging it for consideration (aka “selling it”) and provide their clients with the name and full contact information of the party or parties that are obtaining it so the clients can address any future unwanted contacts. It’s the right thing to do.

Until then, inspectors who have set themselves apart from inspectors who sell client data to him and others by publicly pledging to protect the private information about their clients will continue to be a threat to him and his dubious business model. Accordingly, he will continue to threaten, lie, disparage and attack them. It’s all he can do to attempt to maintain the illusion that he tries to sell.

For those Inspectors that indeed do release their client’s information to TPSPs (Third Party Service Providers) in exchange for consideration, not only should they reveal to their clients who & why they are releasing their information because it’s the right thing to do by your client, but it’s also a requirement of the NACHI Code of Ethics.

1. The InterNACHI member shall not release any information about the inspection or the client to a third party unless doing so is necessary to protect the safety of others, to comply with a law or statute, or both of the following conditions are met:
    A. the client has been made explicitly aware of what information will be released,** to whom, and for what purpose**, and;
    B. the client has provided explicit, prior written consent for the release of his/her information.

Certain unethical vendors feel that the **red/bold **words above exclude them from the requirement, justifying it as failing to include a recall checking service is akin to failing to report a recall that may cause a fire, thus it being a safety hazard to others. A delusional belief at it’s worst, and the public should be alerted to this scummy practice by unsavory vendors!

What choice do they have?

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

BTW - I see you have removed your inspector search engine, or am I missing something?

Haha. Glad you asked! They could offer a minimally basic inferior inspection and sign some wacko BS pledge!! :mrgreen:

You got nothing and you know it.

Nathan I sure as hell hope your not texting and driving! :wink:

So you’re saying you never had a “Home Inspector” search engine on any of your websites?

Yep, folks. This says it all right here! :shock:

I know. My business is in such a bad state now! I hate only doing 354 inspections in my 4th year. I must be doing something wrong. Maybe I should have trolled the message board and made 44, 000+ posts instead.:roll: