The National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) Approves InterNACHI's New Free, Online Course

nrpp national radon proficiency program

The National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) has re-approved InterNACHI’s NEW free, online Radon Measurement Professional Initial Training Course for initial certification and continuing education.
become certified radon test professional
Become an InterNACHI® Certified Radon Tester.

Take the free, online course now!

3 Likes

Why does this training state “Certified Tester”? This training prepares the student for the NRPP certification just like 16 other training providers but THEY DO NOT state that they are “Certified Testers” when they complete the training. This training is for the INITIAL TRAINING COURSE for MEASUREMENT certification. NOTE: Radon is a health concern, please do not mess with your clients health thinking you are prepared to do radon measurements and interpret the results. Please do the following: ALWAYS do a duplicate check of your new devices to make sure they are calibrated correctly before putting them into the field for live testing. Do duplicate measurements as often as possible. I have more than a 1000 duplicate tests and I KNOW that all devices cannot be trusted 100% of the time! Follow this link to over 1000 pictures of duplicate testing. KNOW HOW to interpret the barometric pressure, humidity and temp with the devices: this training DOES NOT train you for these interpretations. This is not a complete list but this training needs to be called what it is…training. How many tests have been incorrectly interpreted? YOUR CLIENTS HEALTH IS SACRED, take it seriously

1 Like

To answer your question, because we are an accredited college and can certify testers. All other schools can only offer training.

3 Likes

Nick I am a former college professor and college advisor who had to, on many occasions, attempt to transfer nationally accredited credits (trade schools) to regionally accredited organization (real academic institutions). The requirements to be a nationally accredited institution is far lower than regionally accredited. You can certify hamburger flipping but it is only good within your organization and does not transfer to respected regionally accredited colleges and universities. BUT since you are on the topic of being accredited (or whatever you care to dream up under that premise) how do you explain the all those years of claiming “Certified Tester” before national accreditation? Internachi was no different than any other school at that time. Please explain that?

This program is the best at home inspection but radon is a serious health concern, take it seriously. So many wanna-be certified people are putting home owners at risk because they are not fully prepared but they feel they are prepared because they have the Bob’s Burgers of radon certification. This is training only Nick. People’s lives are at stake and clowns are running around trying to come across as prepared to advise them on home radon health. Just stick to calling it training like everyone else because real certification is more complicated than reading cut and paste pages from AARST standards. Want to be serious about all this Nick then take a bold step and do the same thing as NNRP, otherwise just call it training…not certification. Get seriously involved with saving lives NIck or get out of the way and just call it training.

InterNACHI was awarded the very same national accreditation as Harvard and Yale have. We have also been awarded the same dot EDU domain extension (nearly impossible to get): www.internachi.edu

You can’t go any higher than InterNACHI. Our radon course is the ONLY college-level course, one that you earn ACTUAL college credit for. Our credits transfer to other U.S. Dept of Education universities. If InterNACHI’s can’t certify radon testers, no one can. InterNACHI is the absolute highest you can go. If Harvard or Yale start offering radon courses, they will merely be tied with us. We’re the top.

Additionally, our course is approved by: Service Alberta Home Inspector Licensing (16 hours) Alaska Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development (8 hours) (Course #11818) Alaska Cooperative Extension (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Alabama Department of Public Health (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Alabama Building Commission (16 hours) Arkansas Department of Health (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) California Department of Public Health (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Hazardous Materials and Waste Management Division (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Connecticut Home Inspection Licensing Board (28 hours) District of Columbia Department of Environment (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Delaware Health and Social Services (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Delaware Board of Home Inspectors (16 hours) Georgia Radon Hotline (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Hawaii Indoor Air Quality Program (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) IA Dept. of Public Health (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Idaho Dept. of Health and Welfare (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) IDFPR, Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (6 hours) (Course #ELECTIVE 454.000624) Indiana Home Inspectors Licensing Board (16 hours) Indiana State Department of Health (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Louisiana State Board of Home Inspectors (16 hours) Maryland Department of the Environment (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Maine Division of Environmental Health Radon Section (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Minnesota Dept. of Health, Indoor Air Program (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) MHIB, Mississippi Home Inspector Board (28 hours) Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) The Montana Department of Labor and Industry (16 hours) NCHILB, North Carolina Home Inspector Licensure Board (28 hours) (Course #CEC537, CEC541, CEC539, CEC542, CEC540, CEC543, CEC538) North Dakota Department of Health Radon Program (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) North Dakota Licensing Division (16 hours) Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services (16 hours) Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services Radon Program (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Division of Environmental Safety and Health (28 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Nevada State Health Division (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) New York Department of Health (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Ohio Department of Health (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality Radon Program (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Oregon Health Authority, Research and Education Section (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Oregon Construction Contractors Board (16 hours) Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) South Carolina Residential Builders Commission (16 hours) South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation (28 hours) (Course #4396E2824) South Dakota Department of Environment & Natural Resources (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance (28 hours) (Course #17) Tennessee Radon Program (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Texas Radiation Control Program for Indoor Radon (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) AARST NRPP (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) ICC, International Code Council (28 hours) (Course #2900) Building Performance Institute (BPI) (14 hours) (Course #15512) NRSB (28 hours) Certified Commercial Property Inspectors Association (CCPIA) (16 hours) United States Department of Education (16 hours) Virginia Department of Health (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Vermont Department of Health (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Washington State Department of Licensing (28 hours) (Course #H21007122) Washington State department of Health (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Wisconsin Department of Health Services (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (16 hours) West Virginia Radiation, Toxics & Indoor Air Division (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1) West Virginia State Fire Marshall’s Office (16 hours) Wyoming Radon Project (16 hours) (Course #INACH-1).

Note: We have a special radon course specifically for Illinois which is approved separately by IEMA: Illinois Advanced Radon Measurement Service Provider Course - InterNACHI®

6 Likes

before national accreditation? Internachi was no different than any other school at that time. Please explain that?

I’m happy to. We’ve been accredited by nearly everyone for years and our U.S. Department of Education national accreditation is retroactive in that courses we gave prior to their accreditation… count. If you took an InterNACHI course 10 years ago and we still offer it now, you took an accredited college course despite us being accredited after you completed it.

3 Likes

it is only good within your organization and does not transfer to respected regionally accredited colleges and universities.

Incorrect. It’s not “only good within our organization.” Read that long list of government agencies that accept and approve our course. And we’ve already had members who transferred InterNACHI course credits to prestigious Engineering Schools and Universities. Again, InterNACHI holds the same U.S. Department of Education accreditation as Yale and Harvard and our course credits are transferred to other universities all the time.

3 Likes

Every other radon course is “just training” from an unaccredited school.

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about in terms of education accreditation.
On top of all that Nick that huge cut and paste is a farce…click through all the links for each state…for the love of God know what you are posting before you post. Have a good day sir!

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about in terms of education accreditation

Does the U.S. Department of Education know anything about education accreditation? www.internachi.edu

2 Likes

Again, knowing the difference between Nationally Accredited versus Regionally Accredited is the most recent point here. Making a statement that InterNachi is on similar ground as Yale or Harvard is 100% absolutely clear that you are 1) highly misinformed or 2) you are informed but are choosing…well you know. I am done here NIck. I respect InterNachi for all the education it has provided me. This thread started out about radon and health. InterNachi’s "radon certification’ is a risk. Real certified radon professionals have many more requirements than just training. You want to pipe up about how amazing your ‘.edu’ domain is, you want to compare yourselves to Yale…then step up and reduce the risk that comes with calling the radon course ‘certified’. Step up to the same level as NRPP, step up to the same level as AARST. Because training is just what it is: training (no matter if there is lipstick involved).

Morning, Bill.
Hope this post finds you well.
If you read the Kaela’s post, The NRPP recognised InterNACHI course for for initial certification and continuing education. InterNACHI the certifier.
What they/other educators do or do not do or state has nothing to do with InterNACHI. That is a moot point. They don’t certify; “the action or process of providing someone or something with an official document attesting to a status or level of achievement.”

As for saying, “do not mess with your clients health.” That is a ludicrous statement. The interaction between client and inspector is contractual. They are hiring/retaining a certified agent to test the atmosphere in the residence for the presence of radon. The National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) Approves InterNACHI’s New Free, Online Course. I think that’s wonderful. Something to be proud of.

2 Likes

Good morning Robert, this post does find me well. Kaela’s post verbiage is incorrect. NRPP does not say, by any stretch of the imagination that any training from any partner (such as InterNachi) as certified or that any student who completes the course(s) from any training as certified. NRPP 'approves’ partners and courses.
As for certification and achievement it does say something because it give the consumer confidence in who they are using to perform a health check on their house. Do you hire a certified home inspector or a handyman who watches youtube how-to videos?
As far your reply to “do not mess with your client’s health” I honestly tried to see you point here or make sense of what you are driving at but I don’t get it. At the end of the day: training is just training but it is not certification as the process of getting certified AND keeping your certification with NRPP is several more steps than reading the cut-n-paste pages of the AARST document. Have a great day.

How do you get certified? That’s right through training. Yawn……I have to go and set up some of CRMs this morning at a multiplex. Yawn….

3 Likes

Walter, Glad you asked! Pass your training, send the info to NRPP…and then…wait for it…wait for it…you need to take the industry exam to prove your knowledge…and then…wait for it…you have to sign an ethical agreement that is specific to radon (BTW all radon insurance requires NRPP/NRSB certification) …and then you have to do a DEVICE PERFORANMCE TEST (DPT) of the device you own (send it in to B&M)…and then…wait for it…you have to prove you know how to interpret the results of the DPT. Upload all your documentation and pay the fees…then you are certified for ONLY 2 years. And then…wait for it…you have to do continuing education 16 hours a year…and then…wait for it…you have to do DPT every 2 years for each device you are certified in.

So, tell me again how just taking a radon course is enough?..this time I will wait for it. Have a great day

Yawn…no I don’t need to do any of that.

3 Likes

I almost forget Walter…And, as properly certified folks we have to prove to NRPP our devices are calibrated annually. But of course, Walter, you don’t do that either. Walter…Keep up the good work Walter, sounds like you are saving lives intelligently. Yawn…

Some one must have farted cause smell BS.

2 Likes

I encourage you to do your research Walter. Start with here: How to Become NRPP Certified - NRPP
After you read all that check your pants, it might not be a fart after all…

Nick, I am calling you out on this one. Prove it.

I am particularly interested in the part “transferred to other universities”. I am very excited to see your response. NOTE: a university is a 4 year academic institution who have teachers who have no less than a masters.