The new Shingle Gauge 2-Piece Sets are out. Every inspector should have the set.

There is no hard, fast, data. Unless someone uses the NACHI system to send out contracts, there is no data available for inspectors. And if NACHI is pulling information off contracts sent on their system, that is another, much bigger issue. Theft of proprietary information if you ask me.

Jeff Pope, a very busy inspector, doesn’t post his. I sure don’t post mine. I know of a number of large, multi-inspection local firms that don’t post their data. It doesn’t exist except in Nick’s wild imagination.

32$?

Correct. We don’t know what members who don’t use our free online agreement system, our FetchReport system, the Buy Back program, our energy scoring program, our insurance program, our free report review service, our BizVelop system or our free issue resolution service do. That is true. It’s possible, but unlikely, that our samples aren’t representative of the industry.

Perhaps inspectors who don’t use ANY of our tools are also inspectors who don’t offer ANY ancillary services. I can’t imagine why that would be true, but I suppose it is a possibility.

We never pull (scrape) information off contracts or reports or anything. And of course InterNACHI never releases member of client information to anyone, ever.

We do look at what inspectors are offering (we create most of the inspection brochures in the inspection industry and offer 45 ancillary inspection certifications). And we watch what consumers are ordering with our programs. And stand-alone home inspections are becoming rare. Fewer inspectors offer solely home inspections (no other inspection services), and fewer consumers are ordering merely home inspections.

I can also tell you the up and coming ancillary service… sewer scoping. Now is it going to be as big as radon testing is in some areas or mold testing in some areas? Probably not. But it’s becoming a very common inspection in the Denver area.

So basically it is what I thought, just a guestimate, (at best) made up stat with no real data backing it up.

Jim

A guestimate with real data backing it up.

What real Data ?

you posted several times but never once posted any actual real data only your gueestimate, but nothing real backing it up.

If any data actually does exist, please show us all. I know I for one would be very interested to see such data.

Thanks

Jim

No can do. I can only tell you that by looking at our online agreements and fetchreport, inspectors who only offer home inspections are becoming as rare as consumers who only order home inspections. Ancillary inspections performed now outnumber home inspections performed by about 20%. Now granted, that’s ALL ancillary inspections combined.

Like I said, obviously you have no actual verifiable data to back up any of those claims.

Anyway, I do know for us we specialize in ancillary inspections. Much better money if you can get and sustain a nice volume.

Jim

Not sure which claims you mean, but name them and I’ll explain in detail how I came to those beliefs.

Here is 1, and you and you did know about it as you already made a comment about it. Anyway here it is again just for you. remember I was asking for Real, Verifiable data, not some stuff you make up.

OK there it is, show the proof of that statistic please.

Jim

I derived that by looking at agreements executed between inspectors and consumers in Free, Online, Signable Inspection Agreement System - InterNACHI Ancillary inspections performed (Y) now outnumber home inspections performed (Z) for the same consumer by about 20%. So if Z=1.2Y, then Z+Y=2.2 inspections/consumer.

So are you saying you’re able to look at the number of agreements I have on record, using InterNACHI’s agreement system, and what type they were? What other information regarding my confidential agreements do you have access to?

Once again, it’s like I said, you have zero real data that is possible of proving your 2.2 claim. You looking at our agreements alone is an issue in itself, (Not Very Cool). But even that data is not a complete and detailed accounting of an Inspectors total inspections that they performed. It may be a starting point, but in now way is close to an accurate measurement.

Jim

All of it. We store every agreement for you forever. Four years from now if some consumer sues you, we can go to court on your behalf and demonstrate that the exact date and time the consumer opened and signed your pre-inspection agreement.

I have to all the time. That’s my job. It’s what I do.

I think the measurement is plenty accurate. One doesn’t need to measure one’s waistline in thousandths of an inch.

I guess that would be correct IF one were simply taking a Wild Guess at something, but if they were announcing it as if it were actually a Statistical Fact of something, well then that is sure a different story.

Like I have been saying, You made up all your stats, they are simply your wild guess, and not actual facts based on actual verifiable data.

Thanks anyway.

Jim

In trying to calculate what inspections consumers are ordering, do you know of more accurate data than what inspections consumers are agreeing to pay for?

Considering those that use your contract program probably amount to less than 5% of the inspections nationwide, the numbers have no significance.

And before you say that isn’t true, how many of the 22,000 dues paying members of Internachi use the online contract system for each of their inspections?

BINGO !! and based on all that is why Nicks made up statistics are nothing more than a Wild Guess and are in no way truthful, Accurate nor verifiable.

Jim

How did you guys get so far of topic? Yuh?