The NJ Inspector Lic. prop.

Originally Posted By: Michael M Djokovich
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hey Is your state going to do this to you. I downloaded the proposal www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/proposal/homeinspector.html .(fyi) What is the EBPHI test like? If you are going thru this mess or have been thru Please tell. Are any out of state Inspectors lic’d or applying for a NJ lic. I know that this may not be important to most of you out there,sorry,Who did Nj model ?The first fifty “do I pay a lic’d Inspector to oversee”. Who is going to pay a guy to work for them knowing he’s gonna quit after his 251st inspection to be your fiercest competition ?what other states req. e/o while in apprentice?Are you not covered by that of whom you are working under . Is there a line forming at the doors of the few still in business, Has anyone applied for unemployment or social svs while meeting the requirements set by NJ.Again I’m sorry that this is a mute point to most of you,Itis important to me and all of the other guys who Inspect and live there.

Does anyone have any leads on Job opps. arround the So.Jersey/ Philly area, Due to NJ’s legislature any opp’s outside in the tri-state will be welcomed maybe we can make a match ( ETA in NJ last week may '03)

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Michael,

The same thing happened here in PA. Lucky for us we changed it before it turned into this mess.

The situation in NJ is bad because the only way you can get a license is to pay one of the licensed inspectors to take you out until you complete 50 inspections. Yes you have to pay them to go along on 50 inspections. Right now I believe they only have 5 inspetors which can do this for you.

They have essentially closed down the profession in NJ unless you pay someone else to take you out on inspections. They being ASHI members. Most of the ASHI membes that take credit for this legislation are no where to be found right now, imagine that! icon_smile.gif

If you are thinking of moving into NJ to become an inspector, I would start saving now, you may have enough money by the turn of the decade to become an inspector there. No, I am not kidding. One major franchise was kind enough to offer to take inspectors on the 50 inspections for a mere $10,000 each. What a racket. ASHI members have gotten so bad they are screwing their own members! icon_smile.gif Like we didn't see that coming.

Unless you are independtly wealthy I would choose another state or wait to see if the law is changed. They do have an amendment which reportedly is going to pass which would take the number of inspections down to 20. I think that is correct but don't quote me on it.

Another good reason not to send your bucks to ASHI.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Robert Patterson

I find this so intresting. Maybe I should start charging for the ride alongs I do. But, seriously folks. I would like to strongly recommend that NACHI Inspectors aid others by doing ride alongs. I done some and it keeps you on your toes and helps to promote professionalism. Helping educate each other is probably the best thing that we can do for the industry, ourselves and the public.

Bob

Bob,

I already do a lot of ride alongs for free. I really am not interested in charging members for them. I like the free help and I think it would end up hurting a member to take a day off work and then have them pay me "in the boot".

I had a page long list at one time. Not too many lately but hey its snowing. Who the HE** wants to work in the snow? Bad enough I gotta shovel the stuff. icon_smile.gif

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Edited

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Joe,

Thanks for the emails for the NJ legislature. I hope everyone here takes a moment to write these folks and complain about the bad effects this is going to have on comsumers in NJ. Think of everything bad that will effect the comsumers and do some bulk emails to all of them.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Michael M Djokovich

Well I just spent about an hour + writting a reply and dumped it by mistake icon_redface.gif Guess it was’nt meant to be seen yet, PLEASE lets all get together and take a moment to write the Senators on the list that is available on Joseph Hagerty’s reply, Do it as a Inddividual, as a Professional,and doit as a NACHI member! . Lets show ASHI what a class organization is!one that has depth and has not lost site of what they are about. I guess the PA issue may have been headed off sooner?I joked in another forum about the coffee can maybe its not such a bad idea " Help us Help You" Give a Quarter NACHI Fighting For Sound Legislature .thanks national assoc. of cert HI’s, Dumb? some college kids sure made out .use the less info is better scheme people are allways looking for a cause lets give em one it’s ligit (ya I’m a little nuts) But you don’t know if you don’t try. Heck at Least let all write to the fools on the hill. icon_wink.gif

Does anyone have any leads on Job opps. arround the So.Jersey/ Philly area, Due to NJ’s legislature any opp’s outside in the tri-state will be welcomed maybe we can make a match ( ETA in NJ last week may '03)