The PLEDGE Gains Traction!

Where is this taking place, inspectors Pledging to insult agents?

Only in his mind,…:shock: It has never happened, just another spin/twist of words…Lie by Nathan.

Jim

Nick
Rewrite the " My Promise To You" to reflect the concerns of client privacy .
Then I’ll post that on my site.
The rest I’ve see makes us all look bad like some sort of con-men ready to sell the clients souls for a buck.
I won’t post anything of the sort. Nope !

Won’t happen. Nick is in bed with Nate. Watch

Mike
Would you agree that it would address the issues without all this crap ?

And I would suggest everyone do your own pledge.
We are talking about clients information. Stick to that.

Feel free to copy what is in my signature line. As I said, if you want to pledge not to give out your clients information, just do it.

If you really want to get carried away, put a page on your website listing all of your pledges…

You are missing the point of the pledge and why it has become needed.

I guess!

Congrats !!! a respectable answer to legit questions.

Just need to add nobody ever said it was ok to insult agents or anyone for that matter openly in the inspection process.

Off to a mold inspection, everyone be safe and make money. I will return in a few.

Jim

Jim,
not to add kerosine to the tinder pile, but even if an agent is a total ***, I generally don’t insult them, I just go about my business as a professional. I also don’t go trashing him behind his back either. I DO keep a mental note though.

Neither do I and I doubt 99% of respectable home inspectors do either.

Which is why I can not understand why Nate would include such verbiage in his pledge, unless he knows a lot of shady inspectors.

FROM NATHANS PLEDGE:

I’ll tell you what Nathan, only after you get Realtor’s to sign a pledge to do only what’s in their Clients best interest through out the RE transaction & include in that pledge that they will NOT refer any Home Inspectors, let alone soft writing Inspectors, that the Client should do their own research & choose their own inspector, would I even begin to consider signing your pledge to kiss the a s s of any Realtor. Hell I hear Realtors slamming other Realtors all the time as it is, I can only imagine what some of them are saying about me behind my back.

Of course for me, I would consider that a badge of honor. :smiley:

Just like some Home Inspectors, some Realtors SUCK, but on the flip side, many are great & really care about their Clients.

The referral part is the most important part.

It’s an obvious conflict of interest for any Realtor to refer a Home Inspector.

I Pledge my furniture and woodwork in my home when it gets dusty to restore the shine of the wood. I typically use lemon scented Pledge. I pledge to use Pledge on all surfaces that Pledge can restore or clean as long as I see fit.

(perhaps Johnson and Johnson will give me an endorsement deal if I continue to drop their product name in)

Thanks for making my point.

Does the Agent get paid every time they are involved with the sale of RE?
Does the sale of RE depend on the findings of the Home Inspector?
Do some Inspectors rely solely on referrals from RE Agents to stay in business?

C’mon now Nathan, it doesn’t take a Brain Surgeon to see the conflict here.

As I stated before, just like some Home Inspectors, some Realtors SUCK, but on the flip side, many are great & really care about their Clients.

On another Note, I recently had a RE Agent from a rather large RE office here locally tell me they are no longer permitted to refer Home Inspectors, because they consider it a conflict of interest.