The time has come, finally

I have made the decision to enter the retirement phase of life. Since the passing of my parents in 2020 I began to slow things down. I quit doing crawl spaces and limited to only 3 or 4 inspections a week. So, when the market got slower in the last quarter of 2022 I was pretty close to retirement anyway. My wife and I are looking to more time on the road with our RV and with our granddaughter.
After inspecting for the last 17 years, I can honestly say that InterNACHI and this forum have been an invaluable asset to my career. The assistance and knowledge available on this forum is something I hope all the new inspectors learn to take advantage of. I will still hang around and try to add some “old timers” advice from time to time.

40 Likes

Congrats and enjoy the future David!

4 Likes

Enjoy David!

6 Likes

Congrats on your retirement, David. Enjoy your family time and travels. Glad to hear you’ll still be hanging around. :+1: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am not too far behind, enjoy your retirement!

4 Likes

Congratulations. I have enjoyed your contributions and look forward to reading about your adventures.

7 Likes

So, where do I send your retirement cake when it’s ready??

9 Likes

Good for you, David!..Enjoy!

6 Likes

Congrats David!

10 Likes

Welcome to the club David! Let Nick know. He grants lifetime memberships to us old farts.
Cheers :golfing_man: :beer: :beer:

6 Likes

Congratulations and enjoy it!!

3 Likes

Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Probably a good time for it!
I just got back from Jamaica, Montana this summer, Charleston last fall, I have very little drive to climb on buildings any more! Still do Drone Thermal evaluations, but I can do it from the beach, in my bass boat, any where on earth with WiFi somewhere close. I spent 2 years on kidney dialysis, had a transplant 3yrs ago last month. Take the time when you can. Whatever comes tomorrow, deal with it then… Tomorrow is never a “better” time. :wink:

9 Likes

Congratulations! Enjoy the family time.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Congratulations on your retirement ! I really have no idea how I ever found time for work…

5 Likes

David, I hit my official retirement age in February of 2020, for me covid made the decision to fully retire easy. Had that not been the case I’d probably still be in the game, anyway I never looked back and today consider retiring the best decision ever. Good luck in your retirement going forward.

6 Likes

Congratulations, best of luck with your new found freedom! :+1: :us:

4 Likes

Congratulations on your retirement David.

Enjoy!!

4 Likes

Congratulations David! Smart move for you and your family. Enjoy each and every day as they are not promised.

3 Likes