The Wendy Wanabee Thred

A free exchange of ideas should not threaten the more experienced inspectors. I have put my opinions in on somethings, but that is all they are. My opinions. Without claim to fame or greater experience than anyone else.

I came to this board with the hope of learning many things and perhaps to put out some things that I thought I had learned in the hopes of having it confirmed that I had learned the correct thing, or hoping to be corrected so that I could learn the correct way to do something.

It is really obvious when I post something and get chewed out by a certain group, and then another new inspector posts and gets welcomed into the “brotherhood”.

When I thought the majority felt the way the critics did I went through a very deep depression. It took me awhile to come out of it, and partly what helped was people writing to me and telling me how much they missed me on the boards, or new inspectors writing to me telling me how much they enjoyed my posts and that it gave them courage.

So, I just decided to be me, which happens to be a pretty nice and decent person for those who actually take the time to get to know me. For those who don’t care to, that is their perogative.

hmmmm…Mr. Bell…Are you refering to anyone I should know;)

Mind you I am a Home Inspector…I volunteer my electrical experience to HELP others…not to talk DOWN to others…I dont think anyone here who reads my posts get that…or the dozens that call me for FREE information because I CARE that they understand…

So…Mr. Bell…are you speaking of anyone perticular…:wink:

Hello Mr Abernathy,

I was not speaking of anyone that is sharing their experince from a prior profession. I am sure that you know much more about electrical than I do.

It seems that no matter what I say it is taken the wrong way. All well I guess that comes with being a naysayer.

Actually Greg I was just teasing ya…To be honest with you I would not care either way…Some people like me and some hate me…I don’t mind…lol

But really I was just teasing ya fella…lol

Actually the Electrical is my profession…with a MINOR in Home Inspections…:wink:

I can prove it…Ask me a Old Boiler Question…I am SURE to get it wrong…:slight_smile:

I was speaking of someone that tells everyone how they signed up for draw inspections that over an hour and a half away for $40. Someone that tells another member that they are a low baller even though that member is in a different market.

oh dear…define Naysayer for me…remember I live in the Valley now…:wink:

It is a title that Doug Edwards uses. Maybe he will come on and explain.

Sounds better than what a Real Estate Agent called me the other day when I told her she was a pathetic agent…I told here she is so shady she would sell a condemed dwelling to her own mother…HER reply was…if their is PROFIT in it…sure…why not…:wink:

I’m not disagreeing with you, Greg; I choose to simply not read into Wendy’s posts what some others are reading into them.

She has never claimed to be an experienced HI. She does have some background - as many, including JM, RR, and others - outside of this field which she draws on to support certain views she holds. I don’t necessarily agree with all of her (or many people’s) views, but I respect her right to post them. Just as I respect you; I did enjoy meeting you in Fla!

Whether Wendy appears to be overly vociferous in her view is open to the interpretation of the reader.

It may be that she does not have that much opportunity to do inspections at this point (last we heard, she was essentially homeless with 3 children), but she is keeping her toes in the pool, so to speak.

As Nick says, HI is a 3-legged stool - Experience, Education & Commitment. One does what one can to bolster any or all of those legs at any given time.

It is possible that her actual career as an HI may be only a flash in the pan. Similarly, when all is aligned for her, she may take off like gangbusters. Who is any member to know, or to mock her admitted lack of experience, as the originator of this thread has.

Am I defending Wendy personally? not a bit. I have never met her, and don’t know her well enough to do that. I am offended, however, by some of our members’ attitudes toward her. Thus, I defend her rights on principle. So, enough of this stupidity.

Has anyone asked how her scheduled inspection went? I apologize; I was off in Michigan addressing a chapter meeting, and lost track of time. Was it last week, or is it coming up, Wendy? Details?

LOL Got to love those agents. At the inspection this afternoon the agent never showed up to let us in. She told the butey that I would have access to the lock box. Need less to say I don’t have a supra key anymore. I told the buyer that the agent should show up given the amount of money she was going to make.

Russ, thank you so much for that. For anyone in my situation. Thank you.

No details yet. I seem to have gained an agent so far and he has asked me to be available, as he is new also to his profession. He was actually very excited to get to know me on the phone as he felt like we had much in common being new, and was happy to use me based on that and a few other criteria.

So, hopefully soon. He is also considering pre-listing inspections but would like some help with how to present it to his clients.

Help from anyone on how he could effectively market it to his clients is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Wendy

lol…I hear ya greg…no lock boxes for me…their either show up or no inspection…:slight_smile:

And Wendy…You know I am here for ya when ever you have electrical questions…as long as we are DONE with that 20A Circuit one…thehehee;)

LOL Paul, thanks for being there. I appreciate being able to draw on your expertise. Thanks!

Hi Russell,

I enjoyed meeting you also. I understand what you are saying and can see your point of view. I have nothing against Wendy personally. I just feel that anyone who has very little resources should not consider this profession. Most of us know that it takes a lot of hard work, money and time to be successful in this business. As far as her present situation goes we look at it completely different and it is a subject that I do not want to debate.

No problem there, either, my friend . . .

Wendy, did you direct your realtor to:

http://www.nachi.org/sellerinspections.htm

Yes, that was the springboard for the conversation. :slight_smile:

Thanks Russ! :slight_smile: