There are now 397 Certified Master Inspectors in the world.

Glad for the 415 and sad for those who did not see or did not learn of the advantages .
Roy

Personally,

I enjoy and sell IR inspection services.

I use an IR camera to reassure the client on the property he has chosen to purchase. I agree with James when he says that 20 inspectors may produce 20 reports.
Around and in Brossard-Quebec-Canada, most of my inspection work is for pre purchase.
Not all that is seen during the inspection is included in the reports but when I leave the house, I am satisfied that my client knows the property better.
I use my hand to show that a surface is warm or cold, then if out of reach I can either use a IR pointer but I prefer using my IR Camera.

The one everybody has heard about and expect to see.

Different strokes for different folks! I was able to discover and test wwith IR cameras and enjoy this technology greatly.
I feel I would be doing my clients wrong not to use this more and more attainable technology.

Thank you John for the IR introductions and I welcome more courses and demos to demonstrate some of the advantages of this technology.

Clients like the links on my inspectionbmainspection.com and I hope to have some of the same available on our NACHI members sites.

Salut mes amis!

Beauchemin Marc-Andre
BMAinspection.com
Certifié Maître Inspecteur :slight_smile:

Just wondering why the AIBQ would have the following in their Standards of Practice:

[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Roman][size=2]Art. 38 The inspector shall open main service boxes and distribution panels when it is safe to do so. If he cannot open these, he shall indicate the reasons in his inspection report???
[/size][/FONT]

Certified Master Inspector and proud of it! I earned this title and very proud to be in this class of people. I salute all who have this title and worked so hard and studied so hard to educate themselves to obtain this title that shows dedication to the profession which clearly states that Home Inspectors are trained to know all fields of The Study of Building Science. This is a field that you will never know it all and without Continuing Education you will fail, it is a must to keep adding courses to your resume. Let me thank InterNACHI for the Education they offer it is truly The Best of The Best.

**“Thank You Nick!” **

**So Nick… Just curious. How many are there in the world today? How often is the list updated? I attempted to contact a CMI to refer business to (out of my area) about a year ago, (email and voice mails) and no response whatsoever from him. Have to wonder if he is out of business, but still on the list. How would you know unless he told you??? **

Maybe he does not want to work for you!

Very Interesting Post Thanks

He wouldn’t have.

It was actually an insulation company that was installing insulation in a large commercial property and they wanted it checked using IR, which the inspector claims he performs. I left all the contact info on the emails and voicemails. The insulation company called me back (at my request) a week later to inform me that he never contacted them.

His loss. They were prepared to spend the cash, as they were more concerned with quality than cost.

Yep, doesn’t take much to entertain the feeble minded. :roll:

If a cost of $1,000 deters someone from paying for CMI designation, it seems to me they are in the wrong business!

As of today 2012.04.03 we have 66 CMIs in Alberta.
How many in the world?

Looks like we have a few inspectors who are extremely jealous of the CMIs .
Some seem to follow and ridicule those who have attained the CMI designation .
From what I see CMIs frequently give help give help to others and seldom ridicule .
Looks to me like many who tend to give out insults are not CMIs .

CMI%20Inspector%20Seal.jpg

Roy I am a CMI and I think they have a valid point. I am sure many of those questioning the designation DO MEET the requirements and DO HAVE $1000. Their point is the designation has no real teeth and it actually means very little.

Other organizations apparently give out the name “certified master inspector” and those people use it on their website. So what distinguishes them from us? I will tell you, nothing.

Instead of defending it, why not sit back and look at the people knocking it and try to see it from their point of view. Did you know the bnk account of the CMI has about $100,000. Why? Because the “designation does nothing” for it’s members.

Besides using those three letters what has CMI done for you?

Good question Russell. Some here are an embarrassment to the profession.

If you find a professional designation in this industry that has more stand-alone marketing “teeth” with the average consumer than the words “Certified Master Inspector” … I’ll dye my hair pink.

All your license numbers, and insurance information, and association memberships, and alphabet soup letters after your name (combined) can’t hold a candle to “Certified Master Inspector.” From a “I have less than 6 seconds to cause the consumer to choose me” standpoint… nothing compares.

I can keep explaining it for you, but I can’t understand it for you.

P.S. The latest government (Alberta) to license our industry… grandfathered all Certified Master Inspectors in the actual legislation itself.

WOW…and Florida just needed the NACHI certification.

Nick you can keep explaining it till your blue in the face, I understand all too well. I understand that in the six seconds I meet a client, it has nothing to do with ANY of my credentials.

Nick no matter how you explain it, no matter how many times you say it, CMI does nothing and is nothing. There is a guy in Tampa who says he is a certified master inspector…and he is an AHIT certified Master Inspector. You do no policing, you do no enforcing, you do NOTHING…and yet you try to “explain it”. I do understand…give you $1000 and I can use three letters…what else is there?

Congrats on the money in the bank…I guess some are impressed by that, I personally feel that there should be little money in the bank and all out helping its members in any way possible. But thats just me…I know your a huge celebrity and I am just a little soldier…

But instead of always defending it, why not listen to the people who have experience and see their point of view? Would it hurt? Is your ego so big that you have to ALWAYS be right? Look at the talent that is bashing it, can they all be wrong?

Do as you see fit, like you always do…it means nothing. I think you caught a guy who “accidentally” used NACHI and CMI and what did you do? Invited him to be a member. So you welcome people like that into the association. And the association is yours and you will do as you see fit…

But just because you type the words does not make it right, sensible, or valid…only right for you…

Three words, not letters. And to answer your question… nothing else.

I gotta admit your the master of marketing. $1000 to use three words…your the man…

If I were an inspector and had to choose between paying $1,000 for lifetime use of those three words… OR… $365 for the entire list of www.nachi.org/benefits.htm , I’d choose the former. That’s how good those three words are IMHO.

Hi non member,you are on the NACHI forum and have not paid any dues at all.
Do you have room to talk?