Thermal Imaging and Breast Cancer

Susan, a thermal scan or a Pet Scan shows the body’s reaction (sympathetic nervous system) to events that are occurring the body. Normal imaging equipment cannot detect blood flow or the lack of. It can also not detect extremely slight variations in soft tissue variations (the beginning of cancerous tumors). Your body knows when something is attacking it long before big lumps and pain occurs.

I am currently being treated for a back injury that occurred while on vacation this month which I feel initially occurred from a catastrophic back injury in 2003 (which I had fully recovered from). My doctor asked what I did for a living and he asked me why I didn’t take thermal scans of my back. So I did.

See any change in blood circulation?

You need a hair cut:D

Been having neck problems my self just had the wife image my neck:D guess I need to send her to the rainbow school:p

Please post a photo of your wife’s breasts for us to examine. Maybe you missed something.

(Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.)

Well Joe I think you are pretty sick my wife is presently undergoing treatment for cancer and only has one breast and I don’t think it is for public viewing. You really need to see a doctor for your head

I’d be p.o.ed too Charley.

All the best to you and your wife.

Thank you its not something I like to talk about but Joe just pissed me off

Charley, I didn’t know. Please forgive me. I deleted the post.

Thank you

Correction… Was a Medical Thermographer. I did this way back in the late 70’s early 80s when the cameras were over 1.5 Mil and had to be cooled with liquid Nitrogen. Results were, and still are, limited and only a screening method, with further exams (breat x-rays, breast sonography and biopsy) needed.

It’s good for looking for inflamation, but not so much for tumors because tumors are usually too deep. Remember, thermography only sees SURFACE temperature differences and DOES NOT scan below the surface.

Hope this helps;

TI is supposedly going to become common practice in many areas of the health care sector, especially in yearly breast examinations and full body scans for senior citizens(including ball-sacks). There was an article about the future of medical IR body scans in Popular Science a few months ago. The medical IR cameras are obviously WAY WAY more expensive than what we’re using.

I’m guessing there will be a 2-year training certification required to take the medical IR images or they’ll just go ahead and start implementing the training into the requirements of X-ray technicians. Unfortunately I don’t believe United Infrared is going to be able to offer a Breast-ScanIR class, haha.

David,

Have seen a little bit of research on this. Aside from the camera specs, which I know you are familiar with, it would seem that the most critical part is establishing a uniform skin temperature. One report I saw talked about having the women wait with nothing on their breasts in a control temperature room (I want to say the room temp was in the 60s, but it has been a while) to stabilize the skin temp and remove any anomalies from clothing.

I think there is a doctor/facility near me in Rockwall, TX that offers this type of testing.

Kevin Weiss

Yes, you are correct. You must be very aware of the effects of heat transfer which may be present at the time of scanning.

Did my first horse today. Just as a camera demo though, not for diagnostics. I wouldn’t know the first thing to look for.

Didn’t even set range, just shot it in auto. Customer was more interested in just checking out the camera. When I go back to deliver it I am going to try to actually shoot some nice images next time.

Images are from a FLIR T440

Jason Kaylor
AC Tool Supply
Net Zero Tools
877-207-1244

horses 004.jpg

horses 008.jpg

horses 009.jpg

horses 001.jpg