Think there might be an issue

Came across this today, The buyer flushed a toilette upstairs while I was in the basement. 1920s home

2 Likes

At least chunks aren’t getting out, yet. :rofl:

5 Likes

Hmmm?? Let me think about that one… :thinking: :thinking: :crazy_face:

1 Like

What? Don’t your pipes do that?

1 Like

Gravity is still working just fine.

2 Likes

Re using water to clean basement? Times r tough :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Took the words out of my mouth.

1 Like

Looks like there’s a lot of things in that video that need to be repaired. May also want to add thats a improper transition from PVC to cast-iron.

1 Like

There were half a dozen transition issues just in that one area. I could have made a hour long video of all of the stuff I found. I actually thought of you Martin while I was there. It would have been priceless to see your facial expressions. :laughing: The whole house was messed up.

1 Like

Michael I’d would have loved to walk through that house. I started out on lead and oakum cast-iron in the mid 80s. The proper fix is most likely to replace it with lead and oakum. It will take a skilled plumber to perform this repair.

Looks like the did not use the proper ABS hub adapter and the ABS spit open. I love to see a chunk drop to the floor followed by some TP, LOL!.

1 Like

Robert I think they just use lead and oakum with the ABS plastic and ended up cracking the pipe. You must use the proper soil adapter.

At the end of the video? I see rubber donut and PVC going into CI hub. Is that improper? or do you mean ABS to CI in the beginning?

Simon you’re on the right track. It’s the use of a push gasket. It looks like the ABS is leaded in without an adapter.