Think this can be easily fixed?

cheapest
unless aesthetics is a major concern
a few courses up rake
install a kickout w/extension beyond the chimbley
doesn’t need to be this severe

You think a kickout is enough? Minnesota winters, snow piling up in that corner?

my svengali says
osb surface damage seen is 10 yrs of all-seasons
appeared structurally sound @ inside
i’d try the angled drip trick
monitor after heavy rain/snow
if it fails moisture intrusion reappears
then go with plan-b cricket

Haha.
It was cemented in all around the perimeter. I did the best I could looking into the slot for the discharge. Hate when the concrete guys mud in the baskets.

Lift pump basket was 1/2" OSB held on with a dozen drywall screws.

The banks need to get a country boy to do this ****.

Damn, I got pigs, goats, cows, chickens and alpacas. Then septics, lift pumps for **** removal and people asking me about easements, setbacks and PIN numbers. What the hell?
I’m just an East Coast city boy.

I’ll pass your comments along Barry, the buyer is better served if he has options.
Gracias

Paul,

Looking closely at that last picture I see tendrils (tree root like structure) associated with dry rot. So this indicates the OSB has been wet multiple times.

No concern of mine at the view.

What moisture level is safe?Safe M% for OSB sheathing
OSB-safe-Moisture-percentage-max-300x228.jpg

The question we need to answer first is: how dry is dry enough for the sheathing to avoid rot and mold production? Wood normally has around 12M% moisture content, and a little more humidity can’t hurt. But at what point does it start to hurt? Since being published in the 1930’s (Hunt and Garret, 1938) and reconfirmed in many studies since (Viitanen 1996, 1991, etc., see links at bottom), maintaining wood moisture content below 20% completely inhibits fungal development. (Note: There is much debate and uncertainty about how high above 20% the wood can reach before it hurts, as it depends on specifics of wood, the spores, and climate). 20% moisture content roughly translates into a RH above 90% on the surface of material. However, for OSB sheathing we look for a slightly lower wood M% because of the lower perm rating of wood and the higher risk of swelling/damage by glue degradation. Pro Clima, following German standards, recommends staying below 15M% (±3%) for OSB/plywood, which closely matches the APA’s engineered wood handbook (2002) limit of 16% moisture content (mc) for OSB.

Randy, I saw no tendrils but look again. My guess is this was repaired at one time by cutting out the damaged section. All straight cuts and my guess is the OSB has been patched.
Make the picture bigger and you’ll see.

Never mind, I’m wrong.

Paul, I see the saw cut, but it is the same sheet.
Look at the lettering and the strands, they all match up. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I took my post off after that was pointed out to me. I think I have been trying to do too much and I’m jumping to conclusions.

Time for Paul to slow down.
I hate making mistakes, and even worse, admitting I made a mistake;)