This could hurt

The foundation to this home was replaced some time ago and the main beam was replaced by a steel I beam.
I guess the thought they didn’t need to remove the original 20" dia log beam, so the left it hanging in mid air supported by nothing more than nails from the joists above just waiting for a time when someone standing underneath will get the shock of their lives and literally think the sky is falling!. If you look close at the center of the picture, you can see the joint at mid span…(with no support underneath)

Pingel 069 (Small).jpg

Kevin,
Good to see you posting again.
How was deer season?
Stu

Hi. Kevin;

You would think that they would take it down and make firewood out of it.
It is amazing that 2 16 penny nails on one side and one on the other on each joist, how much weight they can hold.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If it is used for fire wood those nails sure do take the edge of a chain saw real quick too .

Roy Cooke . . .Royshomeinspection.com

Hi. Roy and Happy New Year before I forget it.

Actually, the beam is held up by toe nails from the floor joist and the beam should be fairly clean.
If it is not I then use my hi tech demolition carbide tip blade chain and nails does not affect it at all. ha. ha. :wink:

Technology, unreal isn’t it. ??:slight_smile:

Marcel :slight_smile:

Gee I bet they cost more then the saw its self .
I have never seen a set .
Thanks and same to you we are finally getting cool here .
Sort of getting to like warm weather.
Roy Cooke
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Hi. Roy;

Welcome to Hi-Tech chainsaw chains.

http://www.rapcoindustries.com/designs.html

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

What is that black cable, the support is questionable what is that a 3/4" EMT strap.

black cable is for cable tv I believe.