This Friday marks the 11th anniversary of the U.S. keeping POWs in perma-captivity.

So were the million+ he killed and most of the Iraq casualties you brought up. The point?

Russell writes:

Exactly.

Saddam invaded sovereign countries, set up military bases on other people’s property, kept POWs in perma-captivity, punished people based on the testimony of witnesses who received financial reward for their accusations, practiced torture of suspects, then publicly defended that practice, and imprisoned children… just like the U.S. does.

We need new, honorable military leadership. And we can never restore honor while Guantanamo continues to operate.

Nope, Because you forgot a few. Saddam also kept an active network of rape rooms running, beheaded women in the streets simply for criticizing him, used chemical weapons on his own citizenry, oppressed women and women’s rights and raised two sons who were murderous killers on just as bad a scale as he was.

That doesn’t sound like America at all.

I’d say keeping people who support those ideals out of their country and in a prison is the best thing for the whole world.

It isn’t. It is another sovereign people’s country. Leave them alone.

They don’t invade us when we treat women like sex objects by uncovering them… don’t invade them when they treat women like sex objects by covering them.

Are you suggesting we send drones into the vatican to take out that child-rape cult leader. That’s an invasion I’d be down with.

If only they would leave everyone else alone. :roll:

Thank you. You’re exactly correct. A military presence in 130 of the 193 countries in the world is absurd.

9/11

Yep. There ya go. And I expect more to come.

On a related note… we can learn much from the Afghans with regard to the issue of gun control. Had the Afghan farmers been unarmed, Guantanamo would be packed full.

Hang on to your guns folks. Guns=freedom.

:roll: I’m speechless…. But only for a moment.

I’m sure the purposeful absence of all the facts sounds like a good idea in your mind, but when actually written out it just sounds absurd. Women in this country line up to take their clothes off and get paid well for it. And forcing women to wear conservative clothing is far down on the list of abuses of women’s rights.

Let’s get all of the facts written down. How about forcibly raping wives and daughters of political prisoners in order to get them to talk? How about forcing fertility programs on 10-year-old girls in order to increase your male population after a war? How about reducing women’s literacy levels to less than 25% by enacting islamic laws and traditions to make yourself seem more pious?

You’ll never be successful in these repeated attempts to paint America and Saddam’s Iraq as the same picture.

I would cry less about that than you are about the Gitmo crowd. :slight_smile:

The pope unfortunately has the cover of religion to hide behind. He should be removed too, but good luck finding a group that will do it. It’s astounding that any religious leader would cover for minions who commit those kind of crimes.

Who helped the rulers of the Kitty litter region get thier power?

9/11 was not the first attempt to bring down the towers.

Wake up.

Some of you fine fellows act like these so called freedom fighters are good people and only want to be left alone.

That has always been complete BS.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

Well, since you brought up “respect”…

Saddam was the worst when it comes to respect for women (no argument there).
Obama is the worst when it comes to respect for other country’s borders (he keeps sending his armies, and now unmanned drones, across them).
The pope is the worst when it comes to respect for young boys (he keeps hiding his child-raping employees from justice).

My point about burqas is this… if forcing a woman to cover her body with a burqa is disrespectful… what’s paying her money to uncover her body? Respectful? I don’t think so.

Anyway… close Guantanamo.

You actually asked for a Republican that kept Obama from closing Gitmo, during his first two years. Next time, if you do not want an answer to a question, do not ask.

GITMO is not closed because Obama does not want it closed.

Period. End of sentence.

Only in Fox News land?

Drink some more koolaide james.

Obama could have closed Gitmo at anytime in the last 4 years.

That he didn’t speaks volumes.

I was just giving a lib the chance to intellectually hang himself. That rope burn looks painful, ouch.

Wow again, so did Mitch give Obama the stink eye to intimidate him? Obama could do whatever he wanted and he did nothing. Your claim that republicans stopped him is pure leftist fantasy. What’s amazing is this all boils down to basic math, but libs keep getting the same answer; Obama is #1.

And it’s a little creepy… This devotion to Obama is Jones-ish.