This looks like a pretty good product.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.dryflekt.com

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: mcyr

icon_smile.gif Sounds and looks like another patent design from someone to make it rich with the people that do not know any better. The proper flashing technique that has been used for 40 years has yet to have failed me in performance.

Do it right and don’t try to fix something that works.

When it works, don"t fix it.

Marcel
Have a good weekend!
![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Originally Posted By: dbowers

A Pre-Molded Kickout Flashing. Our codes people are starting to call for them due to all the problems people have with water leaks and moisture damage from the old poorly designed or improperly installed step flashing that so many cheap builders or contractors use.

Good product.

Originally Posted By: dplummer

How do they hold up in the cold & snow? Doug

Originally Posted By: rcloyd

Looks like a pretty cool product. I’ve seen a lot of damage at roof/wall intersections that could have been prevented by a product such as this.

Russell G. Cloyd

Intra-Spec Home Inspections

& Code Consulting, LLC

859-586-4591

www.intra-spechomeinspections.com

dbowers wrote:
A Pre-Molded Kickout Flashing. Our codes people are starting to call for them due to all the problems people have with water leaks and moisture damage from the old poorly designed or improperly installed step flashing that so many cheap builders or contractors use.

Good product.

I do not think that the problems have been with poorly designed, but more assuredly with improperly installed step flashing. Cheap builders or contractors should not be allowed to get away with this type of performance, and some control on the local side, you would think could handle it, but usually they don't know any better themselves. I do not speak of the majority of performance, but a percentage of some of the local hire's out there with a title.

Thank you,

icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

I will admit, that in the proper geographic area, this might alleviate any of the past problems, but here in Maine? No. This item would slow down melting snow in the slush state, ice up, buildup, pile up, and eventually find it’s way under the roofing shingles. I will stick to a properly installed step flashing and termination of the problem area any day. This is what I would recommend, (Step flashing was improperly installed at it’s original installation, and therefore, causing a problem at the eave area with water infiltration migrating under the siding and causing the leakage in the adjacent wall below.)

Marcel