This may or may not fall under the education topic...

Originally Posted By: five.five
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

but I think it does, and I need to VENT.

I have been studying extremely hard for about three weeks to get ready for my professional real estate inspectors test.

I scheduled my exam for today, with the State “approve” testing facility 2 weeks ago.

I postponed a trip out of town, and took yesterday off for some last minute cramming.

I drive the 1 hour + drive to the testing location, arrive early, and go to the testing office.

The door is locked to the test center, and I was there 1/2 hour (required) before my schduled test time.

9 other people followed in shortly after.

No one from the testing center showed up, and we were all waiting outside in the hallway until 10:10.

At that point the security officer kicked us out of the building because we were not authorized to be in the building.

One guy drove into town the night before, and stayed at a hotel.

I am not happy, this test is very stressful to me, and time is running out on my application.
I am going to file a complaint to the state real estate commision, as well as the mickey mouse testing center.

Sorry to ramble, thanks for listening.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi there,

what state are you in and which is the testing company ??

BTW, please post your real name, we all post under real names on here.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

I am in Texas… testing company is PSI Examinations

I took the test once, to see what type of test it would be, and after I found out the “education” I had was about 2/3 of what was on the test, I studied for 2 weeks about 5-6 hours a day.

I went back and took the test again, but failed.

At that time I decided to take a short break.

The short break turned into a year, ( still lurked on this site, and another site during that time off, just to keep the intrest level up)

and due to the new state requirements as on January 1, I got back into studying, and scheduled my test.

As I said in my earlier post, studying for @ 3 weeks, psyched up, only to get shut out at the door.

Physically and mentally exhausted.

I would have rathered taken the test and failed, than not take it at all.

I picked up the "nickname" from a friend at the college I took the courses with.
Real name is Darren Davenport, from Houston.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Darren,

I can well understand your frustrations, and I have heard of problems with promissor before, some of their centers are not as well managed as they should be.

In your position I would lodge a formal complaint with the state licensing body (TREC in your case) as promisor are in this case acting as their sole agent.

Originally when I was scheduled to tke NHIE here in sunny ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) Massachusetts, my original test was scheduled on a day that happened to have a major blizzard, guess what............ I have a 4 wheel drive, the promissor staff do not it appears, yes you guessed, took it 2 weeks later.

I passed but boy was I mad as hell, having been "hot to trot"

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

glad to hear I am not the only one that has had that happen to me.

the only thing I can do is reschedule, so I will reschedule.

the testing facilty should have a back-up plan, or a “live” person to talk to.

when I call the emergency phone number, posted on the outside of the door, I got one voice message after another, and finally the prompt to " press 1 to leave a message" so when I did press 1 to leave a message, another automated message came on the line saying " this mailbox is full, and cannot accept any more messages, goodbye" and I was disconnected like that !

BTW, I am usually a pretty positive person, I don't want to be labelled a whiner, sooooo ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)