This roof in rosey condition

Originally Posted By: cbuell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/usrimages/more/roses_roof.jpg ]

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I write that up and recommend removal when I find it. Harry Homeowner or Larry Landscaper strike again. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

From the looks of it the rosebeds are integrated in the design of the roof. Nothing wrong with that at all, as long as they are done right. Might make it hard to inspect, but unless there’s a problem, nothing you can really say about it other than “rosebeds on roof obscured view and a full visual inspection could not be performed.”

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: psabados

Kevin

Look again, that's a climbing type rose bush growing on the right side of the dwelling with lattice work installed on the roof. Recommend trimming back all foliage away from the exterior walls and roof of the dwelling. High potential for moisture intrusion, et al Mold potential underneath, insects and of course, thorns.

Willing to bet that the lattice work was nailed through the shingles and who would attempt to even try to clean the gutters. Not to mention, what about the roof venting over that lower section? That back section of the main roof looks suspect too. What is that white trim work along the edge, it looks like the edge area has been modified some.

Paul

Counting down the days to Orlando 2005 T-minus 215 and counting!

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

If that’s the case, then my mistake…I’ve never seen a climbing rose bush, but have seen beds on a roof before.

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: cbuell

I am afraid it is a climbing rose. The lattice work was built from ground to roof (on the sides not visible) and then most of the roof and gable end was covered with lattice as well—to encourage coverage! I don’t think I even want to know how it is fastened.