Thomas Enterprising - Re-Inspection Opportunity (Licensed Needed)

:|.)

John, I keep that asshole on my permamant ignore list thanks for quoting him.

BTW… dapkus is pissed off at me cause I have him on tape banging his dog… twice. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you want fries with dat? :roll:

Jeanne is my dog, but she’s got no sphincter control.:wink:

Nope, it is government contract.

The policy for wind mit reinspections has fewer tolerance for foul play. Things like zero tolerance from the Management Vendor on picture reuse, to name one. Every inspection gets reviewed several times before it ever reaches Citizens. First the Field Inspector submits his report to the Management Vendor who performs their own QA before passing it on to Inspection Depot, who then does their QA before submitting it to Citizens. There are fees involved for any inspections performed eroneously, so i doubt that non performing Field Inspectors will be allowed to continue by the Management Vendor after a few blunders. There is talk of a 2% acceptance rate needed to be maintained. I am an approved Field Inspector working for one of the Management Vendors (although it hasn’nt officially started yet), tomorrow is our training day which consist of 8 hours of training being given by Inspection Depot in Orlando. I expect that this training will parallel the information in Yorks class. I will know more after tomorrow. The bashers should realize that these are reinspections. We are not reinventing the wheel, we are verifying the accuracy of previous reports, and documenting our findings. We will have (according to what i have been told) a copy of the original inspection with us at the time of reinspection. We will also have a partially populated report (name, address etc.) in which to work from. EM Solutions is stating that 8-10 inspections per day is realistic provided that Field Inspectors schedule efficiently, which I intend to do. Chris Thomas is probably more realistic by using 5 inspections per day in his daily revenue calculation. The actual number probably lies somewhere in between. My expectations are 7 insp/day — the math tells me 7/day x 6 days/wk x $50/inspection = $2,100/wk — $115,200/year --yeah yeah 6 day weeks. If efficiently done using a tablet computer in the field, each inspection will take no longer then 45 minutes from door to door. Call it an hour and you are still working only 7 hours /day in the field (maybe only 6 hours). There will be additional work to do when I get home, but not that much. During the day while driving to the next job i will be calling and scheduling other appointments.

Now here’s the kicker, i’m not foregoing all my other inspection business. Duh — If i have 8 new wind mit inspections per week at $125/ea, i’m going to do those inspections before I do the $50.00 ($55 with TEI) inspections. All the work that I would normally get will be done first since it is higher pay in most cases. So pop another $500 on to my weekly pay === $2600/wk — $135,200/year

How many of you bashers are actually making that kind of money? smoke smoke bull bull bull - only a few that have established a clientele base before the economy went stale is my guess.

This is filler work, and I have alot of filler at the moment. For those of you that are booked solid for a week in advance, congratulations. I for one do not have that kind of business yet, since I am just starting out.

So to answer your question
Does anyone else find it hard to believe that individuals compensated at a $55 level are going to be the guys to “correct” the issue of inaccurate inspection reports?
I don’t think the compensation has anything to do with the quality of these reinspections. Those individuals performing them will ultimately be the most qualified (although some won’t cut it) and the best educated as to how Citizens really wants them done. I would put my knowledge up against any high priced primadonna inspector anytime. You are implying that someone working for less than another is somehow less qualified – thats just ignorant and crazy – Duh – How much do you think the individuals that incorrectly performed these reports in the first place got paid — hmmmm $85 - $150 — Isn’t that more than $55.00 – There’s your answer.

I don’t think it is fair to say that the first inspection was performed wrong. You are now doing the inspection to a different set of requirements then the first inspector had.

That is true. I’m refering to the bogus inspections that were not performed properly even according to the old form.

“We are not reinventing the wheel, we are verifying the accuracy of previous reports, and documenting our findings.”

I talked to the guys at Thomas Enterprises. They seemed like good people and I honestly wish them well.

But what is required, is far more than the standard wind mit. You are not there to verify the results of the previous inspection.

You will be replacing ALL previous inspections with a NEW inspection on a totally new format.

It is a greater detailed inspection for 30% less than the cheapest guy in town.

Personally, I wish everyone involved the best. But, I think you would be wiser to market your own buisness better and leave this plan it’s own devices.

Dennis, please let us know more info as you get it.

Tomorrow should clear up some of the controversey – for better or worse. I don’t think anyone knows for certain exactly what to expect. It may end up not being worth the effort, but then again it may. I will certainly let everyone know how things are progressing. This is afterall, just a pilot episode of the bigger picture of reinspections on the horizon. We are the guinnea pigs in waiting. The program was suppose to start July 6 th, so they are nearly two months behind already. Not sure what the holdup is, perhaps political, perhaps not. Hopefully we will be starting our first reinspections next week. We were only informed of the Inspection Depot training last week, I don’t believe our Management Vendor was even aware of the training until last week, as they were telling us that we would be starting anyday. I personally think that they are making sure that all their ducks are in a row before we start.

I did 7-10 a day for MSFH and I do not like to be rushed.

If anyone can do 8-10 reinspections per day under citizens requirements, they will burn out in under a month-especially if you are scheduling. 5 is def. more realistic- if you can keep those up. Most reinspectors I know can do 5-6 spaced over two days, including all the computer/paperwork/phonecalls/phonebook search/permit search/ect… yeah 3-5 a day without going insane!

John,

When you did those inspections, did you find scheduling to be a problem? Were the HO there when you arrived etc etc. ?

No problem at all, One zipcode a day. If they were not available they would have to wait until I came back to that zip. I would tell them that I would be in the area on that day.

After some time, my wife would schedule and help with paperwork. Ten a day was all we were allowed to do. I never even left my city for my inspections. I could even stop home for lunch many days.

people wanted msfh inspections

Pilot program? what are you doing 4 points? The pilot program started over x-mas and ended already? You are entering phase-2… People are banging out reinspections all day long. There should be no controversy or unknowns at this point. Its become public info. I have reports fowarded to my office from reinspects every week. I have performed over 60 during the actual pilot program… Good luck brother, eat your wheaties and get your thick-skin suit ready!

Thanks John,

That is what was implied to me as well. I hope it works that way. Maybe i can ride my bicycle or goped and save on gas. Anything to put some coin in my pocket. lol

Thanks John.

Many do not understand even at 2hrs to complete it is still $27.50 and hour. That is much better than **many **can do working anywhere else. After gas, expenses and taxes you are still talking at least $20.00 an hour and it is probably closer to $40 an hour. In Florida, one can live on that. I am not saying it is for me, but do not knock someone for working. Especially, if they do not have something else to do. Now if home inspectors would have done these in the beginning, there would not be enough work for all the guys jumping in as stealing the business. Long time home inspectors are being pushed out because they are not taking the work, if someone is willing to work cheaper, faster or better the “old timers” will be pushed aside. It is the American way. It happened in construction, telecommunications and the automotive industry to name a few, and it is happening here. We are now living in a one economy world.

IMHO:mwa-hah:

What amazes me, is the number of guys on the forum that wish everyone involved would fail.

None of these inspections should be pulling buisness away from another inspector. In fact, it is pulling some inspectors out of the competetion for wind mits. Since these guys can’t actually be commiting 100% to their personal marketing endeavors.

People should be appreciated for having the sense to take advantage of opportunities that come around. Even if those buisness opportunities may not fit everyone’s needs.

Economic Darwinism…adaption equals survival!