Thoughts on the price of insurance

Eric,

Thanks so much! I’m definitely gonna check them out. You rock!!

For straight liability insurance MOST whoever provides your homeowners will provide this for $500-$600 a year for a $1,000,000 policy

For E&O insurance most of our local members tell me they spend about $1,800 to $2,300 a year for a 300k policy

1 Like

I would love to have E&O but that price difference is brutal. The catch-22, starting a new business you have less money for insurance but at the same time more likely to make mistakes for which you want the better insurance. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

There was a thread about E&O being free to members who participate in the Buy Back Program but I can’t seem to find it. Maybe someone else knows the details. Seems like a good deal.

Found the link…

https://forum.nachi.org/t/coming-soon-free-e-o-insurance/165228

1 Like

Good morning William
I am a new inspector as well, I found that “ Inspector Pro really covered everything I need and there customer service is fantastic. Contact Crystal at 801-610-2772.

2 Likes

Dan,

Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate the specifics. I’ve realized that I know almost nothing about insurance so it’s great to hear about what other folks are experiencing. It is very much appreciated!

Thanks again!!! :slight_smile:

Alexander,

You’re absolutely right. I feel precisely the same way, alas :slight_smile:

Brett,

Wow! Super cool!! Thanks so much for sharing this. I haven’t heard anything about it at all until I read your post.

Thank you very much!!
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

David,

Thanks so much! That’s a great recommendation. I’ll call right away!

I really appreciate your referral!!
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let us know how you make out William. :+1:

2 Likes

Scott,

Will do. I hope to make a decision on Monday. Hope is the key word :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great. Inspectors are all they cover. I found out today Crystal just had a baby. So when you call talk to Dirk.

1 Like

I have a $2 Million gen liability policy for $300 per year in Ohio with “Next Insurance”

1 Like

I’m interested!

Kip

1 Like

David,

Thank you very much for the information. She was indeed out when I called, I’m expecting a quote from them later today or tomorrow. Thanks for the contact!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Aaron,

Thanks for sharing. I called them. Alas, they don’t do GL in Florida. Your rates are super competitive so I really appreciate the suggestion!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m in FL & happy to have them

https://orep.org/home-inspectors-eo-insurance/

1 Like

Your welcome, they also send out a news letter that is really good. Would you like to keep in closer contact?

1 Like

That’s great. Would you like to keep in touch? email (handyandy inspection@yahoo.com)

1 Like

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your many kindnesses in posting to this question. Everyone was exceedingly helpful. I’ve finally heard back from all the various parties. I’ll try to cut and paste this below in case anyone is contemplating changing insurance. This is for General Liability.