Threatened by inspector

Your post garnered the responses that it did because it was so vague and the behavior described so outlandish that the members are incredulous as to its veracity. I’m still not sure whether to believe it.

I’m also unclear as to your motive for posting it here and what your expectations were of this organization and its membership. It’s a story relayed by an anonymous teller about an anonymous inspector, in an undisclosed location and state. Details and supporting facts are precious few. You declare that the individual is a member of the organization, but give no indication how you know that or how we could verify that. What action could you possibly expect or hope this organization and its members to take???

The situation that you describe, would be wholly outside the bounds of any acceptable behavior in this profession, who’s members depend entirely on their reputations for their livelihoods. It would violate several tenets of our ethical standards and possibly be considered criminal. I would fully expect there to be a police report, as any homeowner subjected to what you describe should rightly contact the police and file a complaint or press charges. I would also expect such a victim to contact the state licensing board so that they may conduct a full investigation and pursue disciplinary action as appropriate.

Please tell us what you desire from us and provide enough specific details of the who, what, when, where so that the members can reasonably evaluate and perhaps respond to your claims. Without more details you can’t reasonably expect the members to attach much credibility, much less respond meaningfully to such a vague story.

If someone is demanding access to your home and you as the homeowner don’t want them there, tell them to keep out. If they will not honor that demand it’s a police matter, certainly not something that this association can resolve between anonymous parties at an undisclosed location over an online message board.