Three-conductor cable for whole house

Never substituted it Not Chuck. Simply explained that in Ohio we use both definitions.

Is it OK for me to use a replacement word? I want you to be right once.

synonyms:

fool · idiot · ass · halfwit · nincompoop · blockhead · buffoon · dunce · dolt · ignoramus · cretin · imbecile · dullard · moron · simpleton · clod · dope · ninny · chump ·

nitwit · goon · dumbo · dummy · dum-dum · dumbbell · loon · jackass · bonehead · fathead · numbskull · dunderhead · chucklehead · knucklehead · muttonhead · pudding-head · thickhead · wooden-head · airhead · pinhead · lamebrain · peabrain · birdbrain · zombie · jerk · nerd · dipstick · donkey · noodle · nit · numpty · twit · clot · goat · plonker · berk · prat · pillock · wally · git · wazzock · divvy · nerk · twerp · charlie · mug · muppet · nyaff · balloon · sumph · gowk · gobdaw · schmuck · bozo · boob · lamer · turkey · schlepper · chowderhead · dumbhead · goofball · goof · goofus · galoot · dork · lummox · klutz · putz · schlemiel · sap · meatball · gink · cluck · clunk · ding-dong · dingbat · wiener · weeny · dip · simp · spud · coot · palooka · poop · squarehead · yo-yo · dingleberry · wing nut · drongo · dill · alec · galah · nong · bogan · poon · boofhead · mompara · tomfool · noddy · clodpole · loggerhead · spoony · mooncalf

In this case, they are all suitable. Which term from the list would you like us to use in the future? I would avoid “dingleberry”, it’s already taken and may cause confusion. I think dolt, dullard and putz are all good choices as is addle pate, even though it’s not in your list.

Your attempt to substitute the NEC definition of readily accessible for the definition included in RC 4764 in order to support your claim to home inspectors and the public that home inspectors in Ohio could not legally open panels because the actual definition included in the law did not support your claim, might be considered fraudulent. You can pretend it didn’t happen, but your posts are all there as it the website posting making that claim.

As I said earlier, you discredit yourself. You don’t need me for that.

My reply is here: Can anyone tell me what this is and tell me if it is a defect? - #18 by mparks2

Faulty logic. It’s a non-sequitur. A very weak attempt. I see now how you manage to be wrong so often and why your clients have the opinion of you that they do.

You mean the one who used a credit card then reported it as fraud? The one I had to damn that he pay me? It wasn’t me who called what he did bank fraud - it was the bank! HMMMM.

Yes, there is very little I can do to take that libelous statement off of the internet. That’s just part of life - kind of like having to read your comments.

I have had numerous issues with a lost or failing neutral outside the house. Maybe one in the panel.

That would be quite dangerous, eh, Jim?

Hope nothing went up in smoke.

If it is cor disposaland dishwasher. Not only need handtied at bbox san not code and also very dangerous cant share must have seperatecgrounds.

A multi-wire branch circuit does not need separate ground for each .

A multi-wire branch circuit does not need separate ground for each

I’m not even going to reply to that.

Care to expand on why you think two grounds are needed?

I know this is a code issue but also a huge safety issue. I could but that would defeat the purpose tell you were it is in nec.
I know where it is. Look for it. Its there.

Dishwasher garbage disposal handtie. Those are your clues.

Why I have a problem

There is an out everywhere in suggested contracts .

Not responsible for this that and everything.

Dont do this or that.

And as far as code. Mite have been able to use excuse before that ther are many.

There until 06 3 model codes for us. Not any more. Why uniform code was dummied to allow conformity with other 2.

And as far as each jurisdiction.kinda.

There are 3 situations

1Topigraphiphical such as expansive soils

2 geographical

3 climatical- which you see in zones for energy codes.

You have federal regs. Must allways meet min requirements of

1. State then local.

Can always make more stringent at each level- local more stringent than state, state more stringent than federal- but allways must not bay or might but must-shall meet with no exceptions meet minimum requirements of code.

I understand resoning of not being code experts, would take another 2 yr min to be certified in all 4 trades.

But there are few things you have to know about 100 each trade. Have to . Electrical. 2100 1 125 1/0 150 2/0 200 amp se cunductor for residential panel. Off top of your head.

And another pet peave.

Person teaching classes. 1 is commercial electrician and icc certified so he should know. Why am i correcting his mistakes

Q. How many grounding rod(s) required? There is your clue.

Unless what? And why are 2 gave the answer. Costs 25 k for equipment to prove circumstance and instead of owning equipment drive another rod.

And please, in the future. At least when you are dealing with me, since I have taken my time to give you alittle insite, education, take it as so and learn.

Dont make the same mistakes as all the building officials i worked for. I either got fired or for 3p days everyday at end of day. Got these calls from angry contractors wanting to know why. I would so them. After 3p days. Did same thing. Your job to know. I know where you look it up. Most times they were lazy but allays tell them he is write.

I would not tell you something that is wrong.

I would if asked tell you i dont know get rite back with answer.

Not that i am always rite but always have to rite thing.,

Now just a little of who i am. Could have went there right of way.

Not bragging so dont go there. God blessed me analytical and memeory. I will take credit with always learning trying to improve my game.

I graduated top of my class at top building inspection technology program in us. with not a 56 unit cert but an actual degree in bit

All building officials in nor ca are graduates of butte college.

Only person to graduate in 17 yr with 4.0

Not always rite. Do make mistakes very few. When i do never do again make a big one never ever forget.

My certs alone make me top 1 % in the industry.

1- contractors become home inspectors 2- engineers who do their trade for inspections. 3 jurisdictional inspectors their specific trade and building cert.4and the 1% i refer to is top 1% of the best. 3 and 4. Not the best nobody ever is unless you are my sister bowler best in world man or woman. Top few in the world in inspection field.

I can make that claim. Ok to brag dont like to. Except for this instance. Could have got nasty tried not to. Ok to brag if you can back your play. I can.

Correct engineers all the time. How i got job los angeles c

So look it up. Gave you clues. Learn 2 things. Actually 3. The code. Where to find it. And unless you are 100% sure you are riteeven then you mite not be. Dont try to make someone wrong expecially when he is not.

Ask hcd in ca about me 2004 woodside homes. 3000 + model D. at 2999 only 1 exit door required at 3000 sq ft requires 2. You and all inspectors should know this. Occupant load of 1 per 300 sq ft. Occupant load of 10 sfh requires 2 exit doors.

Why important.

Building science? Thats rite. Codes fire life safety issues. Minimum requirements.

Houses and commercial design requirements. #1 thing tops everything. What is that. Get em in and expecially get em out as safetly quickly as possible.

Lilltle more education.

Why are structures in the even of a disaster. More damage now than design 100 yr ago.

Weebles wooble but dont fall down effect. Not design not to withstand damage. Designed not to because of a force to fail structuraly to prevent occupants from getting out of building.

Why i argue with code officials and engineers who have attitude sfh ah this and that wrong.

Not a possesion but what or better yet who sleeps in that sfh that is most important thing in world. Children. Commercial buildings have all kinds of failsafes. Fire alarms and systems. Fire draft walls 123 and 4 hr firewalls occupancy and area seperation walls and openings allowed or not allowed.

But my children sleep in sfh. Use 40 tube of fire caulk on that 1 hr seperation wall on modified 1 side so half hour rated firewall garage seperation… and better transition from plastic to metal 24 in each side of that wall. No exceptions.

Dont take personal i didnt. Wasnt trying to show superiority just trying to educate a little in our brief time crossing each others path in this universe. Have any questions you or anybody else in the future get ahold of me.

I love to talk code or science. Building

:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::woozy_face::pleading_face::scream:

Grounds for a circuit have nothing to due with ground rods. Ground rods are for system grounding, not branch circuits.

A multi wire branch circuit does not require two grounds.

As stated earlier, the requirements for a handle tie are a recent addition to the NEC unless both hots landed on the same yoke. Also my comment was about grounds, not neutrals.

not to be confused with:

Ground rods had nothing to do with multi wire branch circuits that u are correct about. Was making reference to quality of instruction we are paying for lacking. You need to learn how to objectively read something not get tied up in.
And i am goung to tell you this time you not me are wrong. I dont have $ s to let you know i will bet you any amount of money you are willing to loose. I cant afford to but get paid 887 on third. My whole check ssdi for month.

Want to bet? I do.

Or you could do what i suggested. I gave you 3 clues. Dishwasher. Disposal. Multiwire circuit. Oh. Wrong 4th handtie. All there.

Told you. Dont try making someone wrong when you think you are but not right. You are wrong.

I gave you explanation at end who i am and a little of what i know

I know i was told to play nice and by training staff to participate in discussions.

I reluctantly agreed. As said. I am taking my valuable time. I am trying to give you a little information to make you a better inspector. Something very few can or even fewer who have free time to do. Why. Bwcause like staff dont have knowledge and worse yet somebody like you mr knowwrong trying to show off his vast experience of how wrong and ignorant he is. Ignorance. Lack of knowledge not stupidity as most think meaning is.

You just showed stupiditythiugh.

Coildnt take dww minutes to look up trt and finf verify if you were rifht before telling person who is right he is wrong. Show some more to a larger degree. Lets bet. Play a little game. Your showing your age pre teenager at minimum no matter how old you are and your iq which is even smaller.

Loose some money how i learned building insp questions and code 1 dollar a question wiyh roomate that was also in program. As said not perfwct do make mistajes but not 2x. If i say i am rite am. Can back it up. Where are you getting your info. Be specific. If you look it up 1st cant find it nec let me know i woll give you section.

You cant i camn. That 2 willing to put wager on. A sorry wont do it to next person will suffice

Excuse me but to hell with being nice see where that got me. Who the f— are you and where do you get off. At the rear of the train. Tge back not front door. At least not jow. Learn something anything or at least to start be willing to learn. Havent even started the process

.-

He is boss call him. Wh he got those angry call 3p days. If i say i am rite i am. Not trying to make you wrong. Willing to try abd find out why. 50% correct this time… progress not perfection.
Do you consider yourself a professional then if yes an expert in the field.

I do both for myself. As far as you. My opinionat this time neither. Why, as a professional no matter what field. Marketer, attorney rocket scientitist. Terminology lay persons use and terminology persons in that field use.

Getting better 50% instead of dead wrong.

There is the neutral as you refer to it which is the ground conductor not wire. It does reqire what the code refers to as isolated , seperate grounds. Yes or no. See i am wrong willing to admit it. 33% cirrect not 50% because as far as new to code, it has been in code nec since 2001 as far as i know. Really. I have my oringinal code book from 2004 when go certified.

As far as an expert or professional. Learn terminology so you can step into big boys sandbox to play. 1another way to do so is instead of telling somebody they are wrong and you are rite try this. Why i became an inspector. Not gods how many times they were wrong. Argue later now fix it wrong show later then fix it back to rite. Or something like this. Works for me maybe not you. But i could be wrong but lets look it up. After that my interpretation way i was taught could be wrong not so lets get dictionary to decipher. Still no agreement here is bo # what he gets paid for why he

I enjoy having you here, Jim. You bring some sanity to this forum. :smile:

Michael parks has a sense of humor?

Please use it more often. Someone seems as stiff as a bored.. :smile: